Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021
RI&S Hardware Design Support IN MCKINNEY TEXAS is seeking a Technical Support Engineer I to join our CCA Drafting Team.
Our Mission is to develop best in industry technologies that align product capabilities to the needs of our customer. We will empower our people to leverage design commonality and innovation, balancing risk and rigor, to achieve predictable and affordable solutions. We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate, and team with our engineers to generate and utilize today’s cutting-edge technology.
This entry level position is responsible for creating Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) drawings and associated parts lists using a variety of tools, including Blueprint, Mentor Graphics, Common PDM, and Microsoft Office tools. Responsibilities also include updating legacy AutoCAD drawings and experience with drafting standards. Responsible for interfacing with electrical, mechanical, and producibility engineering disciplines, as well as configuration management to ensure that design requirements are captured for successful hardware development. Job requires strong computer, communication, and organization skills.
• Knowledge of ASME drafting standards and guidelines as they relate to drafting
• Mechanical design skills sufficient to be able to understand and interpret mechanical drawings as they relate to CCAs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong customer interaction skills with engineers of all levels
• Communicate effectively through various means up to and including telecoms, Skype (or other instant messaging programs), video conferencing, etc.
• Effectively multi-task and making updates or changes quickly and efficiently
• Able to develop technical solutions to complex problems through use of ingenuity and creativity with minimal supervision
• A self-starter and possess the ability to work autonomously while establishing schedule and priority needs
• Proactive not only within their own discipline, but be able to apply those qualities to other similar/complementary disciplines
• Working knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations, network services as related to Microsoft Windows environment (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
High School Diploma and 2-4 years of Drafting experience
• Minimum 2 year Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting, or Associates of Applied Science, or Associates of Engineering Technology, or equivalent. New grads from a certified tech school or community college accepted.
Security clearance not required
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.178257
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.