Founders Classical Academy follows a democratic classical model using Core Knowledge curriculum based in classical liberal arts and sciences with a strong emphasis on civic education.
The teacher will facilitate learning for ResponsiveEd students in order to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. The teacher enables and works with parents and students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. They provide leadership, motivation, and rigorous education for all students.
Education/Certification: Must meet one of the following:
- Texas State Teacher’s Certification in subject to be taught
- Bachelor’s degree with a passing score on an ExCET/TExES Exam in grade level or content area to be taught
- Bachelor’s degree with an academic minor or major (minimum of 18 credit hours) in the core academic subject areas to be taught
- Bachelor’s degree and documented successful, relevant work experience in the content area to be taught, established by at least one year of employment in a specific field or occupation that required the educator to demonstrate knowledge or skill in the content area. This is to be supported by a professional letter of recommendation from the educator’s employer or supervisor.
- Experience teaching in a classical school, or experience teaching with classical traditional methods
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs), and Dispositions
- Passion for students
- Passion for and strong knowledge of the instructional academic content
- Ability to model virtue, teach virtue through the curriculum, and cultivate habits of virtue in students
- Understanding of and passion for classical education
- Ability to learn and implement classical teaching curricula and methods
- Ability to maintain a classroom of approximately 20-27 students
- Ability and patience to work interactively with students
- Ability to understand the academic needs of students
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate with all levels of students, their parents, the community, peers, campus administration, superintendents, and corporate staff
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and student data such as diagnostic test results, state assessments scoring, and grade point average
- Ability to transition with changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to travel as necessary (i.e. field trips, class trips, trainings, etc.)
- Computer literacy
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare effective lessons, instruct, and motivate students in all course study utilizing classical traditional methods of instruction.
- Assign lessons and correct classwork and homework in a timely manner.
- Administer formative and summative assessments to evaluate student progress, record results, and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
- Provide academic interventions for struggling students.
- Maintain student grades and student-parent communication via the school’s online grading and communication tool.
- Maintain discipline in the classroom.
- Maintain a classroom that is conducive to learning, safe, attractive, and stimulates a spirit of inquiry.
- Set a good housekeeping example in the classroom and encourage students to follow this example.
- Regularly communicate with students and parents to discuss student progress – positive and negative.
- Participate in required faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops.
- Inspire, praise, and correct students with consistency, care, and interest to encourage academic success and promote virtue.
- Work closely with Special Education and 504 teachers to ensure accommodations are implemented.
- Perform duties such as sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations, assisting students in selecting courses of study, and counseling students in adjustment and academic problems.
- Actively participate in marketing and student recruiting activities as necessary.
- Perform special projects, during and after school hours, and other duties as assigned (after school hours may include, but are not limited to, tutoring, morning and afternoon student drop-off and pick-up duty, pageants, and award ceremonies).
- Read and comply with the RES Employee Handbook, the RES Student-Parent Handbook, the Founders Classical Academy Campus Handbook, and other RES-Founders manuals and procedures documents.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
All equipment required to perform duties and tasks were previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: Please use the link to find more information on ResponsiveEd Teacher Salary https://responsiveed.com/careers/teacher-salary/