Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world and an integral part of Central Texas for more than 26 years, driving job generation, economic impact and engagement with the surrounding community.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor serves a global customer base with broad semiconductor process technology offerings that impact everyday life including mobile, graphic, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Through successful collaborations with foundry customers and a continuous drive to develop the most cutting-edge technologies, Samsung Austin Semiconductor has become a major player in the foundry market. Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s technology portfolio ranges from 65nm to 28nm using planar transistor technology to the more advanced 14nm 3D FinFet technology.
With more than 3,300 employees, 2.45 million square feet of floor space, and more than 600+ acres in land holdings, Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s economic impact in 2021 generated $6.3 billion into Austin’s economy through salaries and other expenditures. Plus, that same year, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd announced a $17 billion investment to boost semiconductor production capacity at a new site in Taylor, Texas. This is in addition to the $18 billion invested in Samsung Austin Semiconductor’s Austin, Texas campus, since 1996 — making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier and growing employer who provides a great place to work, is committed to environmental stewardship and being a good corporate citizen. Our employees are the key to our success and we invest in our people with competitive compensation & benefit packages, career development opportunities and programs that enhance physical, emotional and intellectual well-being. Our employees work at various locations throughout Central Texas including the main plant on East Parmer Lane in northeast Austin, a satellite office near Pflugerville and the construction site in Taylor, Texas. Learn more at www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As technology continues to blend into our daily life, the importance of semiconductors (microchips) continues to multiply at an exponential rate. From smartphones to household appliances, electric cars to spaceships, and laptops to supercomputers, semiconductors play a vital role in in the fabrication of electronic devices now and into the future. Be part of an organization that contributes to this technological revolution as a high volume IC manufacturer which operates 24/7/365!
At SAS, we are looking for talented engineering and STEM graduates to “Inspire the World, Create the Future” through our College Orientation Recruitment Program (CORP) in Austin, Texas!
Specific Job Duties:
As a CORP Engineer, you will:
• Transition: Participate in multi-week orientation aimed to smooth college-to-career transition
• Learn: Receive robust technical training on semiconductor fabrication and manufacturing principles
• Explore: Rotate through multiple engineering departments and get a front row seat into Samsung Austin Semiconductor
• Network: Form professional and personal relationships with peers via social and volunteering events that can last a lifetime!
After training is complete, our engineers begin working in one of the following departments:
• Fab Engineering
• Infra Technology (Facilities)
• Yield Enhancement
• Production & Systems
• Quality & Reliability
• And more!
Shift: Multiple Shifts
Skills and Qualifications:
Education, Training, Certification(s) and Minimum years of experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Software, and Tools
• BS or MS in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical) or STEM (Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry)
• Cumulative GPA Minimum: 3.0.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment with an all-hands-on-deck and positive attitude
• Must demonstrate flawless attention to details, be a team player, multi-tasker and creative thinker
• Self-starter with a continuous improvement attitude
• Willing to relocate to Austin and Taylor, Texas
• Start Date Availability: Summer 2023 or January 2024