The Driver Manager- Rotational Leadership Program is aimed for students with a Transportation/Supply Chain/Logistics background who will be graduating this semester. Students will receive the unique opportunity to gain experience and leaderships skills at our Green Bay, WI corporate headquarters before transitioning into a Driver Manager role in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro.
During the one-year Rotational Leadership Program, they will train with our Intermodal departments and gain experience in leadership, pricing strategy, dispatching, sales, and customer/rail services. The time that they spend in each area will equip them with a well-rounded understanding of Intermodal transportation and give them a competitive edge in their career as an up and coming leader.
After completing this program, they begin their Driver Manager position. In this safety focused role, they will provide excellent leadership to a group of our hardworking drivers in a fast- paced environment and be the key link between the business, our drivers, and our customers. In this role, they will also be accountable for fielding calls from drivers and working one-on-one to solve problems with creative solutions that exceed our customer expectations and our company objectives.
About the role:
- Make safety-conscious decisions while ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures
- Balance the needs of our customers, our drivers, and the business resulting in a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide ongoing direction and leadership to drivers and internal associates to ensure excellent customer service, key factor achievement and associate development
- Collaborate with others in the organization to identify and implement both local and global creative solutions to improve retention
- Manage driver payroll, and ensure drivers have quality time at home
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a four-year college degree
- Have transportation, supply chain or logistics experience
Be known for their ability to empower and mentor associates, to creatively problem solve, and to thrive in a dynamic environment