Shoppa’s Material Handling is Toyota’s #1 full-line/full-service Toyota forklift dealership and a multi-year winner of the coveted and prestigious Toyota President’s Award! Our nine (9) branch Service Centers throughout Texas and Missouri provide world-class customer care to our clients through our sales, service, parts, rental and fleet analysis offerings. Our success can be largely attributed to the commitment and loyalty of our team members, and we strive to take great care of them! Our entrepreneurial spirit and culture invite new ideas and encourage both personal and professional growth. We value character traits that exemplify discipline and integrity, dedication to the organization and its customers, attention to detail, mental determination and positive attitude. To that end, we choose to support our veterans and active military by routinely recruiting at military job fairs as well as from organizations and/or schools that have developed the kinds of character we are looking to invite into the organization.
Innovative company is looking for a qualified Application Engineering intern to assist in various stages of the sales funnel, including gathering field data, performing time studies, analyzing data and operations, generating systems concepts for operations, and supporting the field sales staff in generating new business.
The ideal intern will be a great fit for our energetic and creative team. You’ll gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
Application Engineer Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather the appropriate field data at customer sites with sales and/or engineering resources
- Provide input on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature
- Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts
- Gather and analyze customer process and data to drive conceptual solutions
- Use the summary or detailed data analysis to create visual representations of the conceptual solutions
- Maintain notes and records of engineering activity to drive new business
- Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; will consider Supply Chain major
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with MS Office; prefer exp. with AutoCAD or SketchUp software
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales funnel
- Collaborate with experienced sales and engineering professionals
- Work closely with a mentor who has over 20 years of experience in the field
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Compensation available