Siemens is looking for a Product Engineer for their Grand Prairie, TX location to assist and participate in the preparation of sketches, design layouts, and other specifications. This person will report to the Engineering Manager and have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Provides support in designs to verify equipment performs in the intended manner. Participates in preparing ECAD drawings for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility. Assists in standardizing semi-complex materials, components and assemblies. Participates in maintaining detailed and comprehensive records of all cost saving ideas, custom designs, and basic improvements. Provides support in documenting product issues for future reference and problem resolution. Attentive to details and values quality output.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Minimum BSEE.
2. 2 years’ experience as a Product Engineer or recent college graduate will be considered.
3. Experience working with AutoCAD.
4. Proficient with MS-Office applications.
5. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
6. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
7. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
Not required but nice to have:
1.Experience with Switchgear/Switchboards and PLC.
2. Working knowledge of Promise E.
3. Knowledge of Engineering Base software
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.