SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Our engineers get to solve cool problems for more than 100 million users, using big data. We have an opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic software engineering intern to participate on our team and develop high-quality software for the SiriusXM + Pandora music service as we bring it to our large and growing community of listeners. You will be a significant contributor on a hard-working team, and take pride in your work. We have high expectations, and are looking for very knowledgeable and capable interns with solid software development skills. This is a position is designed to provide you with an opportunity to learn and gain experience crafting solutions to “real world” challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform software design and development project work, including web application and server-side development.
• Perform other duties as required.
• You must be 18 years of age or older.
• Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a related field.
• Previous experience in software development – work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc. preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Strong academic credentials, solid understanding of software development, and personal responsibility for testing the code you write.
• Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
• Must be willing to take initiative and follow through to completion.
• Must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
• Experience developing object-oriented code in a server side language – Java (primarily), Python or NodeJS.
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
• Experience developing object-oriented code in Java and/or Node.
• Understanding of multiple threading, concurrency, design patterns and their impacts on application concurrency.
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.