The Dallas office of SmithGroup is looking for a Interior Design Intern to join our team.
Aspiring Interior Designers who thrive in an environment of collaboration and mentoring, and who demonstrate a high degree of creativity are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant:
- Is detail oriented and self-motivated
- Has the ability to create architectural drawings, renderings and design assignments under direct supervision
- Assists in construction administration including responding to RFI’s, preparing sketches and addendums (CCD’s), visiting the construction site to gather information and/or helping to prepare a punch list
- Understands basic structural, spatial and building code concepts
- Has the ability to develop a level of technical detailing
- Has strong graphic and verbal communication skills
- Shows aptitude for being able to attend client meetings with the team
- Possesses knowledge of current FF&E (Furniture, Fixture & Equipment) products and applications
- Is proficient in current design software including but not limited to AutoCAD, Revit (preferred), Sketchup, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
6 semesters of coursework toward Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design and 0 – 3 years of related experience (such as summer co-op or intern work in the AE field) required.
SmithGroup’s intern program provides students with the opportunity to apply both classroom and past experience learning to real world application. Interns will participate in hands-on project work, site visits, weekly “Lunch & Learn” sessions with office leadership, office activities, and mentor pairing. Please submit resume and link portfolio (10 page max PDF)
Application deadline is March 25th.
The 2022 Summer Internship Program for the Dallas office will begin June 2022. Please include a resume and a link to your portfolio that demonstrates your design strength.