Apply in Handshake # 4801291
Roles and Responsibilities of a Power BI Developer
· Power BI development and administration.
· Building Analysis Services reporting models.
· Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
· Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
· Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
· Able to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
· Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
· Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
· Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
· Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards.
· Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
· Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources.
· Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
· Should have knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, PolyBase, Visual Studio, etc.
· Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation. Also, one must be experienced in developing custom visuals for Power BI.
The Position takes guidance and reports to SPI Lead Developer.
Software Professionals, Inc. is an IT consulting and custom software development firm located in Dallas/Fort Worth. SPI specializes in complete solutions, both proprietary and partner technologies for our clients and provides services in Application Management, Infrastructure Management, Systems Integration, Database Services. SPI strives to be among the top IT solutions providers in the country and number one choice for its clients. Our passion for performance has driven us over the years, enabling us to deliver quick, measurable and long term results. SPI combines business and IT consulting services with technical and industry expertise. SPI integrates people, processes and technology to deliver innovative approaches that enable implementation of efficient and cost effective solutions.