WHO ARE WE:
Sounding Board is the first-of-its-kind coaching enablement platform offering both the technology infrastructure and the coach network to enable and scale coaching practices organization-wide. A Series-A startup backed by top tier VCs with a vision to democratize access to coaching across all levels of an organization, Sounding Board combines a SaaS, cloud-based management platform with a high quality, managed network of global coaches that can deliver remote, virtual 1:1 and group coaching at scale. Our customers include large scale enterprises like Intel, Kraft Heinz, Mozilla, Dropbox & Cloudera and high growth companies across every industry such as Chime, Plaid, Zoom and UserTesting. When companies partner with us they see a resulting increase in promotion, retention and development of critical leadership skills in their participating employees. SAP.iO foundry recognized Sounding Board as one among the top 7 HRTech startups in 2019.
WHY SOUNDING BOARD?
- We are a mission-driven company creating the next generation of leaders
- Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders from
- Backed by leading investors including Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Canaan
- Competitive salary, and benefits
- Remote working environment (must reside/work in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, and Washington)
- Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
- Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend.
- Flexible PTO – take time when you need it
- Health benefits for employees and dependents 100% paid for by the company
- End of year Holiday shut-down
- Five additional summer holidays in 2021
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
We’re currently recruiting for an experienced Content and Marketing Writer to join our growing creative team here at Sounding Board. We have a variety of marketing projects that need your creativity and passion – from research and white papers to web copy and collateral, and everything in between. We are excited to add a strong marketing and content writer and storyteller to help us tell the world about the amazing work we’re doing here at Sounding Board in a way that is authentic, persuasive and compelling.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Working with a small, but rapidly growing, marketing team to build the Sounding Board brand through a variety of marketing channels
- Writing copy for our website and landing pages to engage our audience and convert web traffic into valuable marketing leads
- Writing original blog content and revising/editing blog submissions from other authors inside and outside of Sounding Board
- Writing, and collaborating with other writers, to produce original research, ebooks and white papers to showcase our thought leadership
- Writing to produce marketing collateral and other sales enablement tools to help our audience understand the features and benefits of our products and services
- Writing marketing copy for a variety of advertising campaigns and tactics including sponsored social media, display advertising and print advertising
- Writing scripts for videos designed to communicate the features and benefits of our products and services to prospective clients, and to help our current clients get the most value from their partnership with Sounding Board
- Writing copy for case studies to share the success and business impact of our coaching services and solutions
- Writing compelling descriptions for webinars and events to encourage registration and attendance
- Writing for emails and newsletters to keep our audience up to date on the latest updates from Sounding Board and nurture these relationships to become loyal clients and advocates
- Did we mention writing?
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Produce clear, compelling content for publication online and in print
- Work independently and organize project schedule to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Collaborate with the marketing team and other teams at Sounding Board including product, customer success, coaching services, etc.
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with our mission and values to inspire new ideas and content
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, marketing collateral, videos, and blogs
- Understand and utilize SEO strategies and best practices in writing to maximize online visibility
- Proof-read, revise and edit with accuracy and strong attention to detail, taking feedback and suggestions freely
- Manage multiple projects with different timelines and objectives, simultaneously
WHAT EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED?
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Digital proficiency, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Monday, or Trello
- Experience with marketing automation platforms such as Pardot or HubSpot
- Industry experience in leadership development, talent management and/or HR technology preferred
It is the policy of Sounding Board, Inc to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.