Please apply in Handshake #5450644 Construction Intern
$17.00 Per hour
As our intern, you are invited to gain applied skills and knowledge by immersing yourself in the project while supporting your project team. Every day we’ll rely on you to use your organizational and time management skills while performing tasks related to field management and project administration. To thrive in this role, you should be a great communicator and problem-solver to bring diverse solutions to the table, we’ll teach you everything else.
What you’ll do:
- Review and exemplify SpawGlass safety policies and procedures
- Become a source of knowledge in project administration by learning the RFI process, change management, performing take-off quantities, engaging in submittals and other operational responsibilities
- Support the field management by evaluating schedules & productivity, performing quality assurance/quality control checks, attending monthly reviews to gain insight on the project budget and ensure constant coordination between SpawGlass and the client, architect/engineer and subcontractors
- Utilize various construction applications like CMiC, PlanGrid/Bluebeam and P6
What you bring to the team:
- Pursuing a degree in construction management or a related discipline
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Eagerness to continue your professional development and grow your talent while achieving the SpawGlass mission
- Familiarity with computers and technical applications (i.e., scheduling software, construction management software, Microsoft Office)
Essential Job Functions:
You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, have a depth of perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sounds of horns and sirens on moving equipment. There is a constant lifting of 10 lbs., frequent lifting of 25 lbs. There is standing up to seven hours of an eight-hour shift.
You will be required to wear puncture-resistant footwear, long pants and four-inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, earplugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided.
SpawGlass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1953, SpawGlass is a 100 percent employee-owned commercial general contractor, civil contractor, design/builder and construction manager. With over 400 employees owners company-wide ranging from craft professionals to executive leadership, SpawGlass provides the opportunity to our 700 team members to experience the benefits of employee ownership. Known for employing outstanding team members and constructing one-of-a-kind, national award-winning projects, SpawGlass operates several regional offices in Texas: Austin, College Station (Brazos Valley), Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Houston, Beaumont (Golden Triangle), North Texas (Dallas/Ft Worth) and San Antonio. SpawGlass enjoys a unique company culture and has been named of one the top 50 best places to work in Texas in recent years. SpawGlass has been recognized for quality workmanship and outstanding safety practices by peers and clients with numerous awards, including national excellence in construction awards from Associated Builders and Contractors and project excellence awards from Associated General Contractors. SpawGlass Civil is a fast growing segment of SpawGlass’ operations. Specializing in transportation, infrastructure and park projects, SpawGlass Civil is quickly developing a reputation for its ability to handle unique projects with complex logistical requirements. Accordingly, we are looking for bright and energetic team members with problem solving capabilities and strong desire to succeed.
ALLOWED SCHOOL YEARS
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Masters
All Operations Management, Business Administration & Management, Construction Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Finance & Financial Management, Energy Engineering, Management Science, General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil/Environmental Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Construction Management majors
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENTS
US work authorization is required