Spectral MD, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Biomedical Engineer with exposure to medical device or the medical imaging field, and in engineering calibration and preventative maintenance. At Spectral MD, Inc. we frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another.
- Serve as a key member of a cross-functional project team (internal and external) consisting of Optical-Imaging, electrical, and mechanical engineers to achieve project deliverables.
- Work closely with quality engineers to ensure compliance with Spectral MD quality procedures and follow good documentation practices.
- Perform off-site preventative maintenance on devices.
- Assist in identifying and documenting system hazards, failure modes, and risk mitigations.
- Assist in the design and conduct system level and component level engineering verification and validation testing.
- Work with subsystem teams, domain subject matter experts, and suppliers in the assessment, selection, integration, and qualification of key components.
- Support the preparation of proposals, project plans and estimates.
- All other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree, or an advanced degree preferred, in Biomedical Engineering or related field.
- Exposure/experience in medical devices and medical device development.
- Exposure/experience in engineering calibration and preventative maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly detail-oriented, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, highly motivated team player adept at cross-functional interaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
50% of travel time expected for the position, overnight to clinic sites