The Candidate will perform analysis of semiconductor devices to determine the failure mechanism and root cause.
Devices supported include automotive audio devices, mobile phone/tablet MEMs and a variety of devices in other products. The failure analysis activities include sample preparation, electrical verification, fault isolation, physical analysis and root cause determination. The Candidate will use analysis tools including X-Ray, acoustic and optical microscopes, SEM, FIB, laser scanning microscope (OBIRCH, EMMI), RIE(Reactive Ion Etching), micro-probe stations, mechanical polishers, CAD layout/schematic tools, laser and chemical decapsulators, chemical hoods, etc.
The candidate will also generate analysis reports which will include results of working with process, design and device engineering to understand how the failure mechanism relates to the failing symptoms.
– Perform with a persistent attention to detail and possess a high level of comfort in working with investigative nature of activities
– Read semiconductor layout and schematics and understand how the layout corresponds to the schematics
– Possess expertise in electrical fault isolation and circuit analysis/troubleshooting to isolate defects
– Collaborate with Design, Process, Device and Application engineers
– Perform data analysis and produce technical reports
– Interface with internal and external customers with good communication skills
– Perform analysis with Scanning Electron Microscope and Focused Ion Beam systems
– Demonstrate proficient computer skills, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
– Work well in a team environment
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
– Work with chemicals in a chemical lab environment
– 2 or more years experience as a failure analysis engineer is a plus
Education level required
5 – Master degree
Experience level required
English (3- Advanced)
Desired start date