|Job Title||Digital Collections Librarian|
|Department||Library General Operations|
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited Library or Information Science program.
Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with Library/Archives staff and the university community; experience working with digital collections or Archives.
• Knowledge of current digitization and metadata standards and best practices
|Preferred||• Coursework with an emphasis on digitization or Archives.
• Professional experience in an academic Library or Archives; experience in managing digital collections projects; knowledge of strategies and best practices for digital object creation, curation, delivery, and preservation; experience working with digital asset management, digital repository, and/or digital Library/Archives systems
|Primary Responsibilities||Duties and Responsibilities
• With the Senior Archivist, identify and prioritize projects to ensure that digital archival collections and
University records are well described, archived and preserved
• Plan, coordinate, and oversee workflow for digitizing and cataloging Archives collections.
• Supports discovery of and access to the Library and Archives digital content through metadata
creation, analysis, enrichment, and maintenance
• Managing and uploading documents to ContentDM, and other Library systems while ensuring full and
accurate metadata for those objects.
• Publish digital collections or exhibits to the web via ContentDM.
• Maintain policies and procedures to ensure tasks are completed correctly and efficiently in all areas of
• Follow all local and national cataloging and metadata standards and keeps current with all updates and
revisions to those standards
• Identify vendors for outsourced digitization, prepare shipments for pickup/delivery, and establish criteria
for digitization, metadata, and project parameters
• Collaborate heavily with librarian team
• Participate in public service, including reference coverage, information literacy instruction, and outreach
• Participate in night and weekend shift coverage
• If a U.S. Citizen, participate in passport acceptance agency coverage
• Perform other reasonable duties as requiredResponsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. Position is Security Sensitive.
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
|About SRSU||The Sul Ross Library is an exciting and evolving place to work with the recent additions of the Tutoring and Learning Center and the Cultural Center on the first floor, a brand new classroom and computer lab on the second floor, and furniture refreshes throughout the building. Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas (www.alpinetexas.com), is in the Scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 2,300 students of campus in Alpine, Texas. At an elevation of 4,480 feet, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park, and Guadalupe National Park are all within one to three hours driving distance from Alpine. More information is available regarding Sul Ross State University and position openings through our website (http://www.sulross.edu).|