Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in MEP, information and communication technology, architectural lighting, vertical transportation, and commissioning. We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Summer Intern.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting for a positive learning experience as an intern. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it is everything you will need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding internship.
As an intern, you will support our engineering teams working towards our designs that are inspiring, demanding and highly collaborative. You will learn from others, and they will expect to learn from you. You will share in the responsibility, rewards, and recognition of producing truly innovative solutions and complete client satisfaction. The pace is fast, and the camaraderie is close.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist engineers in preparing design documentation
- Prepare AutoCAD and Revit drawings of Mechanical systems
- Assist engineers with design calculations and sizing building Mechanical systems
- Assist engineers with field investigations and construction site visits to observe
- Attend intern education program lunch-and-learn sessions
The ideal candidate will enjoy a team environment and flexible enough to work independently where needed. Candidates for this role will be eager to expand their knowledge by challenging themselves and using the highly technical resources around them.
Additional job requirements:
- Pursing a bachelor’s Degree from accredited university in Mechanical engineering
- Must be at a minimum in your second year
- Previous engineering internship or co-op experience a huge plus
- Knowledge in the latest version of MEP AutoCAD and REVIT is a plus
- Basic knowledge in design and calculation software; MS Office Suite
Join us this summer to prepare for your career as an Engineer through our Intern Education Program. This program consists of lunch- and- learn sessions covering various aspects of our business while gaining “hands-on” experience working with our engineers and visiting project sites. Once you graduate, jump start your career by joining Syska Hennessy Group and our EDT program.