The Supply & Logistics (S&L) Coordinator analyzes and manages the fuel delivery process from accepting orders, dispatching, sourcing, troubleshooting, and general customer service. S&L Coordinators monitor inventory, transportation, allocation, and pricing using internal and third- party software systems specifically designed to manage logistical functions.
· Coordinate fuel orders to ensure best sourced and on-time deliveries.
· Follow instructions set by Sales, Trading, and/or Credit in the customer’s dispatch notes.
· Troubleshoot loading issues while mitigating additional costs to the company. Communicate issues to appropriate departments when necessary.
· Analyze sourcing opportunities to optimize the company’s purchases by routinely checking freight rates, arbitrages, market moves, day deals, and more.
· Provide a high-level of customer service and support via phone or electronic communication. Maintain a helpful and pleasant demeanor even during difficult situations.
· Cultivate and manage relationships with counterparties including customers, carriers, third party logistics, and suppliers.
· Monitor select customer inventory and schedule deliveries according to the appropriate strategy (just in time, keep fill, market-driven, etc.).
· Navigate supplier websites to locate product allocations, carrier clearances, Bill of Ladings, and loading information. Perform Global Product Overrides (GPO) and carrier clearance requests when necessary.
· Locate customer information using the company’s systems including, but not limited to, account number, contacts, invoice/order numbers, location information, credit lines and balance, freight rates, and quoted price.
· Maintains good records and notes for orders using the Incident Reporting and Rolled/Retained Loads database.
· Validate customer demurrage claims and authorize a Demurrage Retain Release number when approved.
· Resolve retained loads with the support of the Sales team quickly and efficiently.
· Generate daily supply and demand reports for regions that require additional oversight.
· Follow up with carriers when deliveries appear to be approaching the end of the delivery window without loading.
· Understand and possess the ability to use business and industry software solutions including Microsoft Office core suite, ADDS E3, DTN TABS, and internal software.
· Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure.
· Understand and utilize customer-specific ordering processes.
· Capable of managing multiple email inboxes to ensure quick responses to coworkers, customers, and other counterparties.
· Ability to work well with team members and other departments.
· Understanding of the organizational chart to successfully direct calls and inquiries.
· Ability to use phone system to successfully enter/exit the call queue, place short holds, and transfer calls.
The S&L Coordinator position is entry-level and requires little to no prior work experience.
· Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
· Some work experience preferred but not required.
· Collaborative, adaptive, and professional.
The S&L Coordinator is an hourly position with varied hours.