About this Job:
Year-Long Paid Internship (NOT HIRING FOR SUMMER-ONLY) An opportunity to shadow veteran mechanical and electrical engineers through daily tasks, this is a paid internship position for aspiring undergraduate engineering students who have already become well versed in the foundations of mechanical engineering.
A minimum of 25 hours per week will be expected, allowing for flexibility to work around class schedules. The ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings is essential to this position. The position will combine hands on opportunities to learn more about the field of engineering, as well as to engage with international trade. Interns will primarily work with engineers in the United States but will also collaborate with engineers working on site in multiple Asian countries.
This is an outstanding opportunity to acquire “hands on” experience with Autodesk, Inventor, SolidWorks, and Ansys 3D Modeling Software. U.S. Citizenship Required | Security Clearance Required Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain a security clearance.
This internship is a one-year program designed to serve as a learning period, preparing the intern for a full-time engineering position.
• Assures the accuracy and completeness of all drawings, files, engineering records, prints and tasks of assigned projects.
• Learns and becomes proficient in the company products and processes • Assists with quality assurance of all products.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of the parts catalogs, owner’s manuals, and operational instruction manuals for the assigned products.
• Maintains high standard professionalism in attitudes and communication with fellow employees and customers, both in the United States and abroad.
• Identifies and initiates designs of a complex nature and conducts necessary research incidental to design.
• Completes design projects through the processes of planning, concept development, calculation and design analysis, design, testing, evaluation, and implementation
• Assists in implementing projects to improve overall product quality performance.
• Gains understanding of the numerous moving parts associated with international trade.
• Work closely with Shipping & Receiving
• Receiving inventory
Temporary / Seasonal