Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
Tesla is looking for a UX/UI Design intern to help define how internal users will interact with our homegrown ERP systems. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
• UX/UI design for enterprise HR software
• Focus on user centric design platforms
• Leverage user flows and visual designs such as UI elements
• Work with other designers and software engineers to provide designs that showcase a strong message to the consumer through simple and effective messaging
• Communicate effectively with your team to ensure all design efforts are widely influenced in order to drive business outcomes
• Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Psychology, Information Technology, Human Computer Interaction
• A portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong graphic design sensibility
• Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes
• Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Invision, Design Studio, Sketch or other design tools
• Proficiency with Jira, SQL or other tools is a plus
• Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique
• Professional and positive communication skills
• Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus
This role is based out of Fremont, CA so must be open to relocation