You will design, implement, and improve assembly processes for vehicle manufacturing. You will work with a highly motivated cross-functional team and deliver turnkey solutions to enable vehicle production at rate. Your work will bring the highest safety, quality, and efficiency while reducing overall cost. Involvement will start in design phase of new programs until production stabilizes.
- Participate in periodic design and process reviews to ensure correct specifications and practices.
- Design assembly processes, tools, and equipment that are efficient and maintainable.
- Assess and reduce risk in the assembly process using PFMEAs.
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal stakeholders to conduct production equipment design reviews.
- Commission production processes and equipment through factory and site acceptance testing.
- Define a robust process control plan to ensure high quality.
- Submit, review, and approve any changes for continuous improvement of ongoing production.
- Support make/buy/return on investment analyses as required, validating external component suppliers using PPAP.
- Actively participate in cross-functional for field/warranty defects, and design countermeasures to mitigate occurrences.
- Analyze downtime data to identify processes causing downtime, or trends in overall performance.
- Plan sufficient capacity to meet business targets for production output.
- Bachelor ’s degree in mechanical, industrial or mechatronics engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1-2+ years of professional experience defining assembly processes.
- Strong foundation of problem-solving skills, statistical process control, design of experiments, and simulation techniques.
- Understanding of design for assembly, lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques.
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.