At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve businesses and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes
Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News and San Antonio Express-News
. For further information, please visit us at www.texascapitalbank.com
We are seeking motivated interns who are ready to apply knowledge of financial terms and principles to an authentic real-world experience. The intern will assist with a wide range of duties, including analyzing data, preparing financial reports, and learning about varied banking activities. This is an exciting opportunity for any student pursuing a career in commercial banking. This summer intern role is best fit after completing the third year of undergraduate study.
The focus of this role will be to assist with a variety of projects that would touch on as many of the areas as practical to provide an introductory outlook into the workings of a commercial bank. Such duties could include, but not limited to: Participate in the analysis, evaluation, and underwriting of new and existing clients and credit facilities, assist with the creation of industry research and financial statement analysis reports, and collateral valuation for loan requests.
Our Summer Analyst Program is a summer internship for undergraduate students. You will be fully immersed in the day-to-day activities of one to two of our divisions. Divisions could include but not limited to: Credit Underwriting, Finance, Compliance, Audit, Commercial Banking, Corporate Banking, Real Estate Lending, Energy Lending, Asset Based Lending, Mortgage Warehouse Lending, Private Wealth & Banking, and Treasury & Liquidity.
Interviews will begin in October
- Attend orientation where you’ll learn about our culture, as well as the benefits and responsibilities of working at TCB
- Learn banking fundamentals including financial statement analysis, credit analysis, and commercial banking basics.
- Receive division-specific training designed to help you succeed
- Have the opportunity to work on real responsibilities alongside fellow interns and our people
- Shadow and observe day to day tasks of experienced banking professionals
- Exhibit professionalism by attending all meetings and submitting work tasks in a timely manner.
- Network internally and build relationships with TCB colleagues and other interns
- Plan and manage a charitable event with other interns
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Pursuing a BBA, BA, or BS in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, or Commercial Banking from an accredited college or university, required
- Expected graduation May 2022, must graduate with final bachelor’s and/or master’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Minimum 3.2 Cumulative and Major GPA
- Completion of at least 6 hours of accounting coursework, including 3 hours of intermediate level preferred
- Completion of 6 hours of relevant finance coursework preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint in order to produce reports, memos, and presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership skills and community involvement
- Ability to be an effective team player and build positive working relationships across the organization
- Great attention to detail.
- Interest in a long-term career in Commercial Banking
- Previous work experience in a professional setting preferred
- Ability to live and work in Dallas or Houston for duration of program
- Long-term interest in living in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston or San Antonio
*Candidates who plan to pursue an advanced degree immediately after graduation are not eligible for this internship.