Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments is looking for an energetic engineer with a passion for process. This position provides the opportunity to drive continual improvement at all levels. Our team is primarily focused on driving improved procedures and processes within the Epitaxy module. We are searching for a self-directed, highly motivated engineer to join our team.
The job responsibilities of an Epitaxial Process Engineer include:
– Perform lot/equipment dispositions to support the continuous flow of production to minimize cycle time in a high volume manufacturing 300mm wafer Fab running Analog Technologies
– Identify systematic problems in either process or equipment related sources and communicate findings to the engineering staff in a continuous manner
– Troubleshoot process/equipment issues; define experiments that lead to improvements in yield, cycle time and world class cost
– Develop efficient low cost solutions to drive world class quality given aggressive ramp timeline
– Support the manufacturing ramp with execution of equipment install and startup
– Use SPC, statistics, and DOE to analyze data.
– Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or a related field
– 1 year job related experience working in semiconductor manufacturing Fabs
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
– Previous wafer Fab and/or startup experience.
– Prior experience with Epitaxial growth processes
– Prior experience with 300mm wafer size is a plus.
– Knowledge of AMAT/ASM Epi reactors is a plus.
– Ability / willingness to work in a team environment to the Fab goals
– Ability to analyze electrical parameters and yield is a plus.
– Ability to quickly gather and analyze data to resolve issues.
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects.
– Ability to effectively deal with a dynamically changing environment.
– Must be able to communicate and effectively work with others on cross functional teams.
– Must be able to work with aggressive timelines and drive for timely results that meet or exceed Fab goals.
– Strong communication skills both written and oral