The Covenant School seeks an Orchestra Director for the 2021-2022 academic year. This person will direct and manage the beginner string instrument program and the future orchestra program for the whole school consistent with Covenant’s vision and mission as a Classical Christian School. An ideal candidate will have a music education degree in strings, a special love for all students, and the winsomeness and creativity to teach them. The candidate should be a mature Christian committed to lifetime learning and professional development, eager to nurture a similar spirit in his or her students.
Education; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Music education major with emphasis on strings
- Mature Christian committed to lifetime learning and professional development, eager to nurture a similar spirit in his or her students
- Knowledge of overall operation of instrumental music program
- Experience in complying with organizational and state policies governing orchestra
- Ability to implement policy, procedures, and data
- Ability to manage a budget
- Strong instructional communication, public relations, organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to advance knowledge by attending workshops, conventions, and staff development sessions
- Adept in string pedagogy and the ability to show concepts on any string instrument
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard string curriculum and grade leveled repertoire for orchestra
- Background in Sibelius or Finale or other writing program
Experience: Previous experience conducting an instrumental ensemble is preferred. Previous experience in instructing strings in the classroom.