Associate Software Engineer Intern– Summer 2021
Are you looking for an internship that provides real-world-project experience, networking with employees and executives worldwide, while growing your talents on a supportive and inclusive team? If so, we want to connect with you!
At Thomson Reuters, we provide information-enabled software to help our customers in the legal, tax, accounting, corporate, news, and media fields, to make decisions that move society forward. By joining us, you will make your mark in one of WayUp’s Top 100 Internship Programs of 2020, working on industry-leading products with opportunities for networking, volunteering, and social events!
We are looking for self-motivated Associate Software Engineer Interns with a passion for technology, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
About the Role
In this opportunity as an Associate Software Engineer Intern, you will:
- Gain real life programming experience: Code and test software to meet specifications and help develop our products using the latest technologies
- Network with top-tier professionals: Collaborate with analysts and other development staff, plus receive ongoing mentorship and guidance from our experienced programmers
- Transform classroom theory into real-world experience: The knowledge you gain during your internship will give you the skills necessary to transition into the workforce & collaborate effectively with technical and nontechnical team members
You’re a fit for the role of Associate Software Engineer Intern if you:
- Are a current sophomore, or junior, level student in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent curriculum
- Have a solid academic record, maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Your area of interest aligns with AI, Blockchain, Cloud, Information Security, Software Development, Dev Ops, Big Data, Software Engineering
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. We offer an enriched internship program that focuses on developing the next generation of talent. Bringing your whole self to work is at our core. Here’s how we support your growth:
- Campus Culture: WayUp’s Top 100 Internship Programs for 2020, intern-focused events, weekly social hours, a dedicated intern appreciation day, Fireside Chats, partnerships with Business Resource Groups, & recognized company culture awarded for our diversity and inclusion
- Learning & Development: Project-based internship related to your degree, networking with colleagues and executive leaders across the globe, intern alumni panels, Executive Speaker Series, Thomson Reuters University skills academies, mentorship from managers and teams
- Compensation: Competitively paid internships, full-time hours Monday to Friday, with company-designated holidays
- Social Impact: Intern volunteer days, local volunteer events impacting your community
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.