Toyota Connected is currently accepting applications for our Summer 2022 internship program.
Toyota Connected looks for Software Engineering Interns that will solve complex problems and work alongside talented software engineers, data scientists, and designers who have a passion for driving innovation in mobility, safety, and convenience services. We love people who think big and like to get their hands dirty to help us build exciting initiatives.
What will you be doing?
You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced Agile Scrum environment to develop applications to create real world solutions. Here are a few details about some of the teams at Toyota Connected:
Mobility: We provide flexible and on-demand mobility services to enable a new generation of entrepreneurs to build the mobility experiences of tomorrow. You will likely be working with Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Big Data Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, Scrum Masters, and Technical Product Owners. Some of the technologies this team utilizes are Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Scala, Java, Python, Microservices, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform. Here are a few of the services that our Mobility team is working on:
- Digital Key: Flexible, secure, and hassle-free access to your vehicle from your personal mobile device anywhere and everywhere
- Driving Behavior Intelligence: Coaching tips that help promote safer and more efficient driving
- Real-Time Vehicle Insights: Diagnostic warnings, fuel level, tire pressure, and other security alerts directly to your personal mobile device to help keep your vehicles safe and secure
- Micro-Collision Detection: Minor bumps, scratches and dings can have significant impact to a vehicle’s residual value. We use artificial intelligence to identify micro-collisions that go beyond existing vehicle sensor capabilities
Safety: We built Toyota’s next generation Safety Connect platform from the ground up to deliver safety services that save lives. You will likely be working with Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, Scrum Masters, and Technical Product Owners. Some of the technologies this team utilizes are Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, Salesforce, Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure. Here are a few of the services that our Safety team is working on:
- Emergency Assistance: 24/7 response from a live agent is available at the push of a button. Emergency services can be dispatched to your vehicle’s location for medical or other emergencies
- Stolen Vehicle Locator: Our response center can assist the authorities in locating your vehicle using GPS technology which means the vehicle is more likely to be recovered
- Automatic Collision Notification: Airbag deployments or severe rear-end collisions will automatically notify our response center
Convenience: Demands of the day force us to prioritize mundane tasks that often rob us of opportunities to connect at a human level. We are developing exciting and new convenience services that will provide Toyota customers with opportunities to pause and focus on what really matters. You will likely be working with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers, Software Developers, Software Engineers in Test, Scrum Masters, and Technical Product Owners. Some of the technologies this team utilizes are Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, Neural Networks, TensorFlow, Python, Go, Rust, Microservices, TensorFlow, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, and Kubernetes. Here are a few of the services that our Convenience team is working on:
- Virtual Assistant Integration: From the convenience of your home, you can ask Amazon’s Alexa or Google Home to start or stop your vehicle’s engine, lock/unlock its doors, check your fuel level and your vehicle’s odometer
- Smart Access: In the coming months, Toyota owners will be able to schedule a wide variety of delivery and pickup services to and from their cars using our secure smart access platform
Shared Services Teams: Our Shared Services teams work with the Mobility, Safety, and Convenience teams and are vital to Toyota Connected. Those teams include Security, Technical Operations, and UI/UX/Mobile. Some of the technologies these teams utilized in Security are Okta, Cloud Security, Network Security, Application/API Security, Data Privacy, Python, Go, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. Some of the technologies utilized in UI/UX/Mobile are Figma, Sketch, Android, Kotlin, iOS, Swift, Ember.js, and Vue.js.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to excellent compensation, you’ll also receive:
- Hybrid work schedule to allow for a blend of in office and remote work
- Free catered lunches when working onsite. We try to keep it healthy, but Fridays are “cheat” days, so you can get your carbs on!
- Two fully stocked Nespresso bars for your coffee and tea fixes.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy snacks including fresh fruit, almonds, mixed nuts, pretzels, trail mix, and flavored waters. Nobody is hangry here!
- Fun game room for the gamer that lives inside you! Xbox, virtual reality, and Nintendo Switch gamers live here and are always ready for their next opponent.
- No dress code! Come as you are. We know the smart people we hire don’t need to be told what to wear.
- Free covered garage parking to shield your vehicle from those sneaky storms and to protect your buns from the Texas sun.
Who Are We?
Toyota Connected is a new company created to infuse the power of big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving a Toyota or Lexus is more personal, intuitive and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight, simplify and connect the lives of those who use our products. We believe this mobility revolution will empower our customers to use their vehicles in an array of exciting new ways. We support, celebrate and thrive on the opportunity to provide Mobility for All.
Making a connected life a more human experience takes humans from all walks of life. Toyota Connected celebrates and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces you regardless of your race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, skin color, age, disability, military or veteran status, big shot relative, or Instagram fame. Different makes us awesome.