Are you looking for a summer internship in Dallas, TX that will be challenging, enjoyable, and fulfilling? TrinityRail is searching for an intern to join our Technical Services Group as a Manufacturing Engineering Intern. This internship will give you the experience, exposure, and training you will need to determine if your career choice is the right fit for you.
Each intern reports to a Trinity Industries leader who will provide hands-on training, oversight and mentorship. We are searching for well-rounded individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement, an aptitude to lead, teamwork, analytical abilities, and a desire to pursue a career in their discipline.
Internship timeframe: May 20-August 2, 2021
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze manufacturing requirements and capabilities and develop Standardized Work instructions for different railcar configurations
- Develop or validate Time Studies for critical production processes
- Create Shop Aid diagrams for critical or complex assembly processes
- Participate on technical and mechanical reviews with Operations, Safety, Design Engineering, Tools and Fixtures, Welding, Quality and manufacturing plants, to analyze and develop optimal process instructions.
- Collaborate with Lean and Continuous Improvement teams at plants during Kaizen events or Visual Stream Mapping activities
- Available to travel to production plants up to 50% of the time. (A valid US Passport is required for international travel)
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing University degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics with a focus on manufacturing or robotics
- Experience in a manufacturing environment during studies
- Proficient on Video-editing software
- Strong computer and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional competencies required: Learning on the Fly, Dealing with Ambiguity, Drive for Results, Organization