WHO IS TUESDAY MORNING?
One of the original off-price retailers, Tuesday Morning is a leading destination for unique home and lifestyle goods with nearly 500 stores. We search the world for top-quality, name-brand home décor and closeouts and then bring it to our customers at 20–60% off department store prices.
Our founder believed that Tuesday Morning was the first positive part of the week. To this day, we offer team members opportunities and work environments where we can live our 45-year heritage and share a passion for incredible deals. We are always looking for associates who are excited about helping us achieve our goals and provide our customers, vendors and partners with a positive experience… where every day feels like a Tuesday Morning! We love what we do and it shows.
As an intern, you will learn each aspect of the merchandising process by working side-by-side with our merchandising and planning teams. You will gain an understanding of the off-price retail market, business trends, and the Tuesday Morning customer and will have the opportunity to increase your overall understanding of the retail business while gaining hands-on experience. In addition, you will acquire key skills and knowledge that are necessary for success in merchandising such as problem-solving/analytical and communication skills as well as experience with project management and supply chain processes. At the end of the internship, you will present a project to demonstrate these skills as well as your understanding of the buying process.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Vendor and store visits with merchandise and planning teams
· Assist in vendor management to include negotiations, pricing, logistics and the purchase order process
· Provide basic analysis of key business data, as directed by the buyer. This includes weekly selling analysis, stock performance and on order review
· Review and analyze business reports to understand trends, sell-through and ensure targets are being met
· Demonstrate product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Tuesday Morning Stores, and the market
· Special projects as assigned
· Generate meaningful business ideas and gain a taste for the culture of the company
WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED
· Graduating between May 2021 – December 2021
· Available to work a full 8 weeks
o Monday, June 7, 2021 – Friday, July 30, 2021
o Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
WHY WE WANT YOU
· Curiosity- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-starters who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Passion for product and an interest in weaving a story out of numbers
· Strong sense of style and ability to carry out a strategic vision
· Demonstrated time management; ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines