United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Sales Intern who is ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to learn the various types of equipment and their applications, while providing superior customer service. This position will also learn the sales process by spending time in both inside and outside sales with a continuous focus on customer service excellence. The intern will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge of United Rentals.
The duties of the branch Intern will vary by department and may include:
- Participation in safety training to ensure proper personal protective equipment is worn, safe handling of equipment, safety policies and procedures are adhered to, etc.
- Participation in the operational efficiency of the branch work flow in the yard. This will include equipment check-in, washing of equipment, assisting customers, etc.
- Shadowing of inside sales and outside sales positions to learn the roles and responsibilities of each and the importance United Rentals places on the focus of the customers.
- Training on systems: RentalMan, Salesforce.com, etc.
- Participation in departmental and cross-functional meetings, ride-alongs, work sessions, conference calls and Webex meetings
- Other duties assigned as needed