**In order to be considered for an hourly student employee position, you must upload a completed Student Employment Application CLICK ( HERE) Please save it under other documents and be sure to mark your documents as visible so employers can see them.
Be sure your cover letter addresses your social media proficiency!
MUST BE PROFICIENT WITH SOCIAL MEDIA: The CVAD Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and organizing content for CVAD social media platforms using Sprout Social media management software. The specialist will take photos, write content and appear in live events on Facebook and Instagram. The position is responsible for helping to build the audience on all platforms, engage viewers and welcome future students.
Important: Must be comfortable hosting live-streaming events on social media. Imaginative, outgoing and creative applicants with a passion for visual arts, design, culture and social media — with live improvisation and extemporaneous-speaking skills — are highly preferred. Emerging talk show hosts should apply!
Must be able to work 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Reports to Assistant Director for CVAD Marketing. On-campus and remote work.
Must be able to work for the next three semesters: spring, summer and fall without intervening internships.
Must have knowledge of content creation and engagement in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Must have excellent English writing and editing skills.
Must be willing to learn new applications and tools based on the needs of the business.
Applicants with a working knowledge of social media, MS Teams, Zoom conferencing software, the Adobe Creative Suite — especially InDesign, and Premiere Pro, and photo/video experience are highly desired.
Monitors CVAD social media properties. With supervision, engages with audience members where appropriate, answering questions, correcting misinformation or directing them to CVAD resources; may monitor site metrics.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- to assist the CVAD Marketing efforts
- support campaigns, promote college events and programs, faculty and student achievements, and alumni highlights
- produce engaging content
- to always show CVAD in a positive light
- to will follow the graphic design templates provided for social media without deviation
- to document various CVAD programs and events through social media
- take photos and videos; perform on live feeds with a loose script
- follow CVAD’s Social Media Guidelines, and UNT policies and best practices.
- Take photographs and videos
- Write and edit social media copy
- Build and edit video content
- Attend live CVAD events
- Help develop new content or campaigns
- Ability to conceptualize, write and edit strategic, accurate, and concise content
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to create and edit videos and photographs
- Ability to understand institutional strategy (or ability to quickly assimilate) and ability to integrate the strategy into modes of communication
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, conduct multiple tasks and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to visually inspect copy when self-editing or editing the copy of others
- Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group of people, working toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Knowledge of how to contact sources and ability to conduct interviews and take accurate notes.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties or job may change over time in accordance with the ongoing needs of CVAD Marketing.
Physical Job Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use fingers and hands to feel, grasp, operate or handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment and remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
**Due to the critical nature of this position, a conditional job offer is extended contingent upon successful completion of a background check. If selected, a start date will be provided once the final results of your check are received. UNT reserves the right to review all information provided by applicants, including information provided on the application, information received during reference checks, or background checks to verify the suitability for employment of any applicant. An offer of employment may be rescinded due to an unsuccessful background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Statement
**The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Additional documents are required
Please pay attention to any additional required documents. Due to Handshake only allowing one document under the “other” category to be up-loaded to job applications, please combine your other documents such as class schedule or financial aid award with your resume or your cover letter and save it to your documents before you apply to this position.