- Handling physical items in an organized way
- Scanning images and text on a variety of equipment
- Maintaining quality control and adhering to established scanning and metadata standards
- Providing weekly reports of work accomplished to your supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
We are seeking student workers who can work on campus are comfortable with technology and interested in the imaging process. If you have education, work experience, or hobbies that involve photography, digital imaging and scanning, graphic design, art, or related disciplines, this job may be a good match for you. Interest in history or information organization is a plus. To excel in this job, you should have the following skills and abilities:
- Facility with visual details
- Basic working knowledge of Photoshop or other image-editing programs
- Ability to accomplish repetitive tasks and produce high quality output
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Basic familiarity with Windows operating systems
- 20 hours per week, with schedule to be arranged during regular Digital Lab hours of 9am-7pm, M-Th, and 9am-6pm, F
- Most work will take place on campus in the Digital Projects Lab.
- Some remote work may be available and will require a home computer and an internet connection.
- Position is NOT eligible for a tuition waiver.
- Position does not involve computer programming or work with the public.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
Do not apply in person. Please apply online with the Student Employment Application and Resume. You must also submit, via e-mail to Marcia McIntosh (email@example.com), a cover letter that explains your interests in imaging and technology, your resume, a copy of your class schedule, and a copy of your Student Employment Application. Please attach these items to the e-mail as Word or PDF documents. We will not accept zip files or cloud links. Use the phrase “digital imaging application 2020” as the subject line of your e-mail.
You will need to do all of the above to be considered for this position.