Emerald Eagle Scholars Program Student Assistant – College Work Study
**MUST HAVE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED A COLLEGE WORK STUDY AWARD TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. You must have your Financial Aid Award Letter or a copy of your awards from your MyUNT account uploaded to your Handshake account profile.
MUST BE AN EMERALD EAGLE SCHOLAR TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
The position of EES Student Assistant is largely customer service-based.
The EESP Student Assistant is responsible for:
- understanding and disseminating Emerald Eagle Scholars Program information
- Conveying specific eligibility, benefits, and program requirements of the program
- Speaking with students and parents one-on-one and group settings
- Corresponding with students and parents via telephone, email, and other social networks
- Tracking students’ academic progress and requirements through Canvas and EIS
- Create and execute social media campaigns
- Performing general office tasks
- Attending work regularly and punctually
- Keeping all matters discussed with students and staff confidential
- Collaborating with Student Financial Aid & Scholarships and other UNT departments to make referrals
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be an Emerald Eagle Scholar on good standing
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding and appreciation of student’s diverse backgrounds and individual difference
MUST HAVE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED A COLLEGE WORK STUDY AWARD TO APPLY FOR THIS
- Submit the following through Handshake:
- Student Employment Application
- Cover letter – address your understanding of the three pillars that comprise the EESP. Information on Emerald Eagle Scholars Program is located on our website : https://emeraldeagles.unt.edu/
- Financial Aid Award Letter (Package)
To access your Financial Aid Award Letter
- Log-in to your myUNT account (my.unt.edu)
- On the left hand side, go to Accept Financial Aid
- Click on current Academic Year
- Your Financial Aid Award Letter (Package) will pull up
- Copy and Paste your Financial Aid Award Letter (Package) into a word document
- Upload the Financial Aid Award Letter (Package) into the Handshake
**Due to the critical nature of this position, a conditional job offer is extended contingent upon successful completion of a background check. If selected, a start date will be provided once the final results of your check are received. UNT reserves the right to review all information provided by applicants, including information provided on the application, information receives during reference checks, or background checks to verify the suitability for employment of any applicant. An offer of employment may be rescinded due to an unsuccessful background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Statement
**The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Additional documents are required
Please pay attention to any additional required documents. Due to Handshake only allowing one document under the “other” category to be up-loaded to job applications, please combine your other documents such as class schedule or financial aid award with your resume or your cover letter and save it to your documents before you apply to this position.
**Applying for a job via an application is not a guarantee of employment**