College Work Study (WS or work study must be in the title)
**MUST HAVE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED A COLLEGE WORK STUDY AWARD TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. You must have your Financial Aid Award Letter or a copy of your awards from your MyUNT account uploaded to your Handshake account profile.
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN FRISCO
You must have reliable transportation to enable you to arrive on time to your scheduled shift.
You may be assigned to either our Hall Park or Inspire Park location.
Please indicate your location preference on your cover letter.
If selected, we will do our best to place you at your preferred location, but cannot guarantee it.
• Answer multi-line telephone, screen and direct calls
• Greet persons entering the building
• Direct persons to correct destination
• Handle inquiries from customers within and outside of the university
• Prepare professional e-mail correspondence as needed
• Receive and sort mail and deliveries
• Maintain phone message log manually and electronically
• Organize bookings and equipment for meeting rooms
• Provide general administrative and clerical support
• Tidy and maintain the reception area, printer area, meeting rooms and break room
• Assist the Office Manager in the monitoring and maintenance of office equipment
• Assist the Office Manager in managing office supply inventory
• Report to the Office Manager and perform other duties as needed
• Troubleshoot technical issues in classrooms
• Assist faculty with computer equipment
• Additional duties will be assigned as the position evolves.
• Must be available to work nights & Saturdays
• Be able to communicate and interact positively and effectively with staff, students, faculty and corporate partners
• Possess sound judgment and strong organizational skills
• Possess the ability to function autonomously
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Be familiar filing and telephone reception; familiar with Microsoft word , excel & outlook.
• Must be well organized
• Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.0
• Maintain good standing with the University
• Maintain enrollment in the minimum number of hours required by University policy
• Be able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
The Student Assistant will:
• Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
• Perform varied duties such as troubleshooting equipment, copying, running errands, answering the telephone and assisting visitors
• Be familiar with all aspects of office operations
• Be familiar with the programs, services, policies and procedures of the UNT Frisco facility
• Be on time for work and work hours as scheduled
• Make effective use of work time
• Complete all tasks assigned in an accurate, prompt and thorough manner
• Able to adjust schedule and work tasks periodically according to facility needs
• Flexible schedule; Evenings and Saturday work required
• Dress appropriately for an office setting
Hours of work will fluctuate depending on the office needs and your schedule.
**Due to the critical nature of this position, a conditional job offer is extended contingent upon successful completion of a background check. If selected, a start date will be provided once the final results of your check are received. UNT reserves the right to review all information provided by applicants, including information provided on the application, information receives during reference checks, or background checks to verify the suitability for employment of any applicant. An offer of employment may be rescinded due to an unsuccessful background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Statement
**The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Additional documents are required
Please pay attention to any additional required documents. Due to Handshake only allowing one document under the “other” category to be up-loaded to job applications, please combine your other documents such as class schedule or financial aid award with your resume or your cover letter and save it to your documents before you apply to this position.