**In order to be considered for an hourly student employee position, you must upload a completed Student Employment Application CLICK ( HERE) Please save it under other documents and be sure to mark your documents as visible so employers can see them.
College Work Study
**MUST HAVE RECEIVED AND ACCEPTED A COLLEGE WORK STUDY AWARD TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. You must have your Financial Aid Award Letter or a copy of your awards from your MyUNT account uploaded to your Eagle Careers profile before you can apply.
Perform various duties in support of the Music Library Processing unit, including in-house bindery tasks. Most work will relate to the Music Library’s processing and preservation of print and audio holdings. Direct supervision will be by the Coordinator of Music Acquisitions and the Music Processing Graduate Services Assistant. Student assistants in this area also collaborate with cataloging unit. Any member of the Music Library full-time staff may assign other projects.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining holdings database to reflect statuses in materials processing
- Preparing items through the processing workflow pre- and post-binding
- Accessioning and labeling audio materials
- Participation in maintaining handbooks
- Receiving incoming new acquisitions and gifts
- Performing in-house pamphlet binding tasks
- Service desk work
- Special projects
Schedules are flexible and agreed upon mutually between the student assistant and the supervisors. Training takes several months and applicants must have daytime availability during training period.
Must be enrolled currently as a student at the University of North Texas. You should also possess these qualifications:
- Undergraduate or advanced degree with music major or minor, either complete or well underway, or substantial history of formal study of music
- Strong interest in doing hands-on work
- Familiarity with music research tools and processes
- Strong knowledge of music resources
- Knowledge of word-processing and attention to formatting details
- Ability to perform duties with accuracy
- Ability to manage workflows and work independently
- Ability to work well with others
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic reading knowledge of Italian, French, and/or German to identify music composition titles; computer languages do not count.
- General knowledge of library principles and procedures; preferably, prior experience working in a library.
- Knowledge or experience of conservation/preservation terminology and practices as applied to various materials.
- Preference will be given to applicants available to work at least until the end of the 2022 school year, including most long breaks. Absence for a few weeks of each long break is acceptable.
Training is provided and takes several months to complete.
No phone calls or e-mails, please. Applicants being considered will be contacted. You will need to submit a resume, cover letter, and student employment application through Handshake to apply for this position.
**Due to the critical nature of this position, a conditional job offer is extended contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check. If selected, a start date will be provided once the final results of your check are received. UNT reserves the right to review all information provided by applicants, including information provided on the application, information receives during reference checks, or criminal background checks to verify the suitability for employment of any applicant. An offer of employment may be rescinded due to an unsuccessful background investigation.
Equal Opportunity Statement
**The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Additional documents are required
Please pay attention to any additional required documents. Due to Handshake only allowing one document under the “other” category to be up-loaded to job applications, please combine your other documents such as class schedule or financial aid award with your resume or your cover letter and save it to your documents before you apply to this position.
About University of North Texas – Student Employment
The UNT Student Employment Office is located in the Career Center! We’re here to help on-campus departments hire, develop and retain hourly student employees. We also provide assistance and trainings for UNT students seeking employment and current student employees.