|Position Title||Library Assistant III – History of Aviation Archives Assistant|
|Functional Title||Library Assistant III – History of Aviation Archives Assistant|
|Department||University Library Dept|
|Position Status||Regular part-time|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Posting Open Date||03/07/2023|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Desired Start Date||03/20/2023|
The Library Assistant III will support and assist the Curator of Aviation Archives in maintaining proper care of all types of archival materials, performing basic archival functions, such as arranging, processing, preserving, and describing archival materials, data entry in Microsoft Office applications and/or archival content management system, answering reference requests including photocopying and scanning archival materials. Basic computer skills and attention to detail are required. Must be able to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Reports to the Curator of Aviation Archives. Other duties as assigned.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
High school graduate and one year of library experience; or an equivalent combination of education and customer service experience.
|Preferred Education and Experience||
Bachelors’ degree. Working knowledge with Microsoft applications. One year experience working in an academic library using an integrated library/archive system. Graduate student or recent graduate of an accredited Library and Information Sciences with an Archival Component. Ability to be detail-oriented and accurate in all phases of work. Experience working in a dynamic, demand-driven environment and the ability to work directly with others as well as individually.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities||
|Working Conditions||Other – Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Push carts, lift above the head, using step stools and ladders.|
This position is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week and is non benefits eligible.
Work will be performed on-site and in person.
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community from all backgrounds are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
What You Should Know
UT Dallas is ranked among the “Best of the Best Colleges” for LGBTQ Inclusion by Campus Pride. The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion hosts a variety of programs and leads initiatives toward efforts to cultivate a culture of equity and belonging for all members of the campus community. “LilyPad” lactation facilities are located throughout campus for private use by nursing parents. The University currently supports nine Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that are communities of faculty and staff from various identities along with advocates and allies (e.g., Black Faculty and Staff Alliance, Universal Access ERG, Military and Veteran ERG).
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living and working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the university community. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Visit https://institutional-initiatives.utdallas.edu/ for more information.
What We Can Offer
|Special Instructions Summary|
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator.
- People We Serve
- For Students
- College Career Communities
- Virtual Career Services
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health and Public Service
- College of Information
- College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism
- College of Music
- College of Science
- College of Visual Arts and Design
- Frank W. and Sue Mayborn School of Journalism
- G. Brint Ryan College of Business
- New College
- Toulouse Graduate School
- UNT at Frisco
- Affinity Communities
- Commuter Students
- DACA and Undocumented Students
- First Generation College Students
- Graduate Students
- Graduating Soon
- International Students
- LGBTQ+ Students
- Multicultural Students
- Non-Traditional Students
- Online Students
- Students with a Criminal Record
- Students with Disabilities
- Transfer Students
- Women in STEM
- Job Families
- College Career Communities
- For Employers
- Recruit at UNT/Build a Presence
- On-Campus Interviews
- Career Fairs/Networking Events
- Virtual Recruiting
- Recruit in Ryan College of Business
- Post a Job or Internship
- Career Center Employer Advisory Board
- Employer Partnership Program
- Internship Program
- Career Treks Job Shadowing Program
- Mean Green Mentors Program
- Recruiting Policies and Procedures
- Locations and Parking Information
- Jobs + Internships