Job Description – Media-Video Specialist
Background: URJ Greene Family Camp is a residential, Jewish summer camp located in Bruceville, TX that serves ages 7-18 between ten days and three and a half weeks on-site during the summer. We strive to create a healthy, nurturing environment for campers and staff to try new activities, build meaningful relationships, and grow their Jewish identities. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team as Media Video Specialists.
Position Summary: Media-video specialists are instructors and videographers that are the heart of communicating camp magic to the outside community. Activity specialists are responsible for planning, coordinating and teaching up to three daily classes to campers at varying ages and ability levels. Specialists may also be asked to assist in their program specialty area during free time. Our Media-Video specialists document the magic of camp, creating weekly and session-long videos to communicate out to our community.
· Training and experience in the activity area. Teaching experience in that activity area desired.
· Strong enthusiasm for and broad-based knowledge of assigned specialty.
· Ability to follow defined teaching requirements, developing own methods of presentation to campers.
· Responsible for video documentation of camp events and creation of end-of-session video yearbooks and promo videos:
o Take and log footage.
§ Camp Life
o Maintain overall production quality.
· Directly responsible for set-up, appropriate operation, and storage of all media equipment.
· Plan, coordinate, and teach three 5-day courses in varying ages (7-10, 11-12, 13-14).
· Ensure the safety and upkeep of all appropriate equipment and classroom space.
· Submit timely supply requests when additional equipment is needed for activities.
· Act as a general resource for other camp activities relating to your specialty.
· Exercise good judgement and safety conscious at all times. Act as a role-model for safety with campers.
· Communicate with, relate to and serve as a positive role model to all campers.
· Ability to accept guidance and support from other staff members and from your supervisor. Willingness and ability to ask for help when needed.
Designated Supervisor: Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications