Experience and Education
M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field OR B.S. with demonstrated experience in software development projects. Some post-graduation experience in software development.
Develops computer code for scientific software packages according to defined code design specifications, both in individual assignments and in team efforts with multiple developers using state-of-the-art programming languages.
- Analyzes, curates, and debugs codes written by other programmers and scientists.
- Analyzes and integrates existing commercial and open-source software solutions with tailored in-house software solutions.
- Programs databases according to design specifications of data models using state-of-the-art languages to access databases.
- Integrates scientific software packages with database solutions.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to scientific software packages.
- Develops web- and app-interfaces to scientific software packages.
- Performs other duties as assigned