When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on, and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Global Network & Technology Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
As a Software Development Intern, you may have the opportunity to:
- Work on Prove Of Concepts(POC) programming for Messaging related initiatives.
- POC programming the area for Chatbot/Conversational AI.
- Work on Digital Assisted Sale funnel analysis.
- Work with the VCG Customer Experience team.
- Work on the decisioning platform working with next-gen AI technologies and solutions to deliver MarTech solutions and Personalization at scale for our customers.
- Work on development experience with Java/J2EE, Core Java, Camel framework, Multi Threading.
- Work with Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Application runtime configuration (Web server/App server, load balancing).
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for…
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Data Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related major with an expected completion date between December 2022 and June 2024.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Irving, TX.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated strong written and communication skills.
- Programming experience in Java and Node js.
- Basic knowledge of Java, REST, JSON, Pega.
- Basic data analysis skills.
- Experience in UI development.
- Knowledge of SQL tuning, Angular JS, CSS.
- RESTful web services, SOAP experience.
- Knowledge in XML over HTTPS, JSON over HTTPS.
- Hands-on experience with Redis, Elastic Search, Rabit MQ, NoSQL, Apigee.