If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire, if not currently employed by a subsidiary of Vistra Corp. Fully vaccinated means at least two weeks have passed since the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
As a key team member of the Technology Services department, the intern will be responsible for managing assigned projects and/or supporting senior team members, in alignment with the business’s requirements and priorities. This position contributes to the department by improving quality and flow of information and data, building / reinforcing departmental culture, and promoting the adoption of new processes and tools.
Based on the intern’s qualifications and interests, we will tailor the internship program and establish a relationship with the team within Technology Services that best fits the needs and interests of the intern. Available teams include the Project Management Office, Data & Analytics, Web & Mobile Services, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Vendor Management, Architecture, Generation & Wholesale Technologies, Business Technologies, Testing Automation, and End User Experience.
- Develop and present regular and timely reports and presentations; including illustrations and graphics of Technology Services initiatives and associated business outcomes.
- Gather data to support departmental and team reporting
- Recommend and design automated solutions to meet reporting needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate student or a junior/senior undergraduate student pursuing a degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other related field
- Utility/energy experience preferred
- Previous internship experience desired
- Understanding of IT and any concentrations within it including: project management, testing, web, and/or data analytics.
- Understanding of relevant IT software development life-cycles.
- Experience in an outsourced IT and/or consulting environment.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office products.
We are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then apply today!