TXU Energy Consumer Insights Analyst II
Contact Denine Taylor: 817-999-8443 or email: email@example.com
The TXU Energy Consumer Insights team operates much like a full-service market research firm. Questionnaire design, data analysis, interpretation, and written reports are generated in-house. Candidates should apply with the understanding that the Associate II, Consumer Insights position requires strong analytical and data mining capabilities, strong quantitative reasoning skills, strong writing skills, and project management skills.
· Analyze data using statistical techniques such as multiple regression, factor analysis, and key driver analysis, and segmentation.
· Experience with data analytics and combining multiple data sources to create new insights.
· Design and execute market research that enhances effectiveness of marketing mix elements (customer experience, products, pricing, etc.).
· Promote deeper understanding of consumer needs across the organization, and be an advocate for customer experience.
· Maintain marketplace tracking studies that inform strategic business decisions, identify new opportunities, uncover emerging trends, and measure performance of strategic initiatives.
· Develop survey questionnaires, focus group discussion guides, usability labs, and other research materials to address learning objectives.
· Ability to mine data for key themes and insights and recognize marketing and experience opportunities.
· Develop data-driven insights by interpreting results and summarizing findings that address key business initiatives, and present recommendations in clear and persuasive presentations for senior management (written and verbal presentations).
· Manage market research projects and vendors.
· Collaborate with internal teams to design customer experiences, products, campaigns, and strategic initiatives.
· Stay abreast of latest research methodologies and leverage these techniques to address key business issues. Experience with conjoint, max diff, and other advanced research techniques a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, science, behavioral science (psychology, social psychology, sociology), marketing, market research, statistics, or related field preferred.
· Master’s degree strong plus.
· 4+ years relevant experience.
· Knowledge and skill in extracting and analyzing data using SAS, SQL, or SPSS.
· Experience with statistics, data science, and developing insights from data.
· Experience in quantitative market research.
· Experience managing market research vendors and projects.
· Solid understanding of the use and interpretation of graduate level multivariate statistics and sampling methods.
· Self-sufficient and skilled in extracting, checking and analyzing data using SAS, SQL, R, Tableau, and Excel. Attention to detail in verifying accuracy and reliability.
· Intuitive ability to understand what the data is “telling you” versus just reporting numbers.
· Advanced skills with data visualization – understanding the best way to display data to tell stories for marketers to make data driven decisions.
· Clear and persuasive written and oral communication. Skilled in PowerPoint.
· Ability to translate complex business issues into achievable research learning objectives and actionable research designs.
· Self-sufficient in gathering, normalizing, and analyzing data from multiple data sources to support ad-hoc reporting & analysis
· Experience with quantitative market research methodologies (including questionnaire development, market trackers, brand equity research, new product testing, sampling and weighting)
· Understanding of the role of market research, as well as its capabilities and limitations.
· Passion for learning – self-motivated and curious, asking clarifying questions to research issues, business needs, and underlying process
· General understanding of marketing and finance.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work as a team member while openly communicating with peers and supervisors.
· Efficient and strong multi-tasker that can keep up and thrive in a fast paced, high performing organization