Wipro will mobilize you from the campus to your professional career in information technology.
Wipro values students who have a genuine passion for technology and a desire to work in a customer-centric environment. At Wipro, we know that the future of our success tomorrow lies in the investments that we are making in career paths for students from local US colleges and universities. New employees joining the campus program will experience the next generation of career paths unfolding at Wipro in the US, supporting our customers and giving back to local communities.
Joining through our US Undergraduate Campus Program “Ascent” provides a pathway to a career starting in a US Information Technology Delivery Center. Upon completion of Wipro’s comprehensive training program, you will step fully into your role in the Project stream of career paths. You will apply your education and advanced technology training to help solve complex business needs for our customers as an IT Project Engineer.
- Work as a part of an IT project team under supervision of a Technical Team Lead
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project
- Deliver detailed technical design which meets customer requirements
- Work may include system configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, testing, design, and development
- Establish and maintain relationships with business teams
- Utilize specific business knowledge and general business acumen to support effective IT engagement
- Learn new technical skills regularly through in house and via external courses and certification programs
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited US college or university
- Desired Program of Study:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Management Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Cyber Security
- Electrical Engineering (with programming language coursework)
- Mechanical Engineering (with programming language coursework)
- Industrial Engineering (with programming language coursework)
- Production Engineering (with programming language coursework)
- Cumulative or major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong written and verbal skills are required; you will need to communicate effectively within a professional business environment
- Knowledge of basic computer science concepts, programming & information systems
- Java/J2EE Development, C++/C#, .NET, VB/ASP Development and Database experience is preferred
- Interest and willingness to travel and relocate
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and travel within and outside the United States as necessary
- Wipro will not provide sponsorship for employment visas now or in the future; this position is not OPT/CPT eligible
Wipro offers a Compensation and Benefit plan, including:
- Market competitive cash compensation of salary plus quarterly bonus plan
- Comprehensive health insurance programs
- Health and wellness programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) savings plans with eligibility for company match
- Other additional valuable benefits
- Community outreach opportunities and team spirit events
Wipro Ltd (NYSE:WIT) is a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company with services spanning financial services, retail, transportation, manufacturing, healthcare services, energy and utilities, technology, telecom and media.
Serving clients in 175+ cities across 6 continents, we help customers do business better by leveraging our industry-wide experience, deep technology expertise, comprehensive portfolio of services and vertically aligned business model. Our 55+ dedicated emerging technologies ‘Centers of Excellence’ enable us to harness the latest technology for delivering business capability to our clients. Wipro also champions optimized utilization of natural resources, capital and talent.
We are a trusted partner of choice for global businesses looking to ‘differentiate at the front’ and ‘standardize at the core’ through technology interventions. As organizations re-engineer themselves to be more responsive to customer needs, Wipro is well positioned to be a partner and co-innovator to businesses in their transformation journey – by identifying new growth opportunities and facilitating their foray into new sectors and markets.