The Branch Operation Manager (BOM) role is responsible for leading a management team, sales execution, and winning in the marketplace. This is accomplished by planning, concise communication skills, strong people leadership and executing a business plan. The BOM position is accountable for: creating a vision, leading people, distribution expense, tracking and communicating results. The BOM will translate strategies into tactics to a team, monitor key retail priorities and initiatives, and deploy significant people and dollar resources. This position will select, develop, lead and motivate the management team reporting to him/her. The BOM will also be a key liaison between Operations and Sales teams to ensure critical business and communication linkages occur between both groups successfully.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all operations of the branch.
- Directly responsible for overseeing the management of the warehouse, delivery and technician staff.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards.
- Monitors processes and continually looks for ways to enhance quality and productivity.
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation.
- Building and executing appropriate development plans for all direct reports and frontline employees to support continuous improvement and individual growth.
- Ability to lead a strong safety culture by utilizing company safety initiatives to minimize injury, work time loss and productivity loss.
- Prioritize projects, data and communication going to frontline.
- Partners with other members of the management team to provide direction and guidance to employees.
- Use Predictive staffing to plan and volume forecasts to execute labor needs.
- Evaluates selection of new employees in hiring process.
- Provide all necessary operations support and training related to distribution objectives, freezer tracking reports, inventory reports, labor tracking, and other operations related materials.
This position manages all employees of the branch operation departments including the warehouse, delivery and technician staff/managers and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring and firing of the employees within its department.
This job operates in a distribution environment from professional office to warehouse (cold environment (-20 F), mechanic shop to delivery trucks and facility. This position will use office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machine and warehouse equipment such as forklift, and pallet jack, drive a delivery truck, and use a dolly.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment (inside/outside and the ability to work in a cold environment -20F if needed).
- Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Frequent siting.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED Equivalent. A four-year degree from an accredited college, preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in Direct Store Delivery (DSD) or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years first and second level management experience.
- Must have working knowledge of all warehouse, distribution, transportation and logistics related functions.
- Must be proficient in Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to read and write English as it relates to business.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Willing to work over 40 hours, weekends and Holidays when needed.
- Adhere to Company Dress Code (No visible tattoos or body piercing)
- Smoke Free Environment
- Successful completion of post offer background, MVR, drug screen, physical and physical abilities test.