- Report, file and pay monthly Sales and Use Tax.
- Calculate, prepare and post General Ledger Journal Entries.
- Reconcile the Balance Sheet Accounts to the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation on the Operating Account to daily deposit book and to General Ledger.
- Maintain Sage Fixed Asset Database for additions/disposals. Reconcile Sage Fixed Assets List to Tax Fixed Asset List. Calculate monthly depreciation.
- Participate in annual budget process.
- Responsible for annual 1099 process.
- Assist in designing reports requested by management.
- All accounting processes of a related party partnership including Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Property Accounting and Fixed Assets.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Technical Capacity / Expert in Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook.
- Ethical Conduct – High degree of integrity and professionalism, trustworthy with confidential information.
- Thoroughness – Attention to detail, accurate and reliable
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension –Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
This position manages the Accounts Payable Administrator and Fixed Asset Administrator.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- CPA Preferred
- Three (3) to Five (5) years accounting experience plus knowledge of computerized accounting systems (including QuickBooks), ability to work with detail, and good organizational skills.
- Excel – ability to create intermediate to advance formulas and work with external data import.
- Successful completion of post offer background check, MVR, drug screen, physical and physical abilities test.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job.
- Willing to work over 40 hours when required.
- Willing to work weekends and Holidays when required.
- Adhere to Company Dress Code (No visible tattoos or body piercing).
- Smoke Free Environment.