Gain Experience in Education and Public Service
There are many opportunities for students interested in the Education and Public Service job family to gain experience and add skills that are directly applicable to the workplace. Check out the options below. If you have questions about any of these programs, contact the Internship Specialist for the College associated with your major:
- Corey Davidson supports the Colleges of: Education; Health and Public Service; Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (except for Communications and International Studies); and Music
- Sarah Spath supports the Colleges of: Engineering; Information; Liberal Arts and Social Sciences – Communications and International Studies only; Journalism; Merchandising, Hospitality, and Tourism; Science; and Visual Arts and Design
- G. Brint Ryan College of Business – Brian Hirsch, Accounting and Professional Selling; Dee Wilson, Marketing and Management; Beth Kent, BCIS, Business Analytics, Real Estate, Logistics, Operations, Risk Management and Financial Services; Destiny Price, BCIS; Business Analytics; Sports Management
- Dan Naegeli supports BAAS and Project Design and Analysis at UNT at Frisco
Wondering about internship opportunities related to the Education and Public Service job family?
- Forage – Are you looking for an alternative to a traditional internship? Forage is a virtual work experience program that allows students to engage in online simulations of the work done at leading companies, and the account is free. Some Forage opportunities related to the Education and Public Service job family include:
- Classroom Virtual Experience Program
- Death Penalty Law and Advocacy Program
- NSW Government Virtual Program
- Public Health Virtual Experience Program
- School Virtual Experience Program
- Teach for Australia Communities Program
- Virtual Startup Internship: Smart Cities
- Parker Dewey – Looking for a paid, short-term experience? Parker Dewey is a competitive opportunity for students to complete professional assignments in a completely virtual setting. Some Parker Dewey employers related to Education and Public Service include:
- Coppin Academy is an innovative public charter high school in the Baltimore City Public School System founded on the premise that all Academy students will further their education at an institution of higher learning upon graduation.
- Children’s Playhouse unique program nurtures and encourages the cognitive, social, and emotional growth of each child and fosters a lifelong love of literacy and learning.
- Maximus enables citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of programs by delivering innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability, and efficiency of government-sponsored programs.
- Work Shift is a nonprofit, digital hub for news, analysis, and opinion focused on whether higher education and training are delivering the talent and opportunity that society needs. We’re part of the Open Campus reporting network—and a core aspect of our mission is to develop diverse reporting talent and expand the number of journalists covering higher education across the country.
- Fiverr – Looking to build your skills and get paid? Check out some of the freelance opportunities that use your skillsets on Fiverr.
- Community Management Services | Fiverr
- eLearning Video Production Services Online | Fiverr
- Online Tutoring Services | Hire Tutors and Get Better Grades | Fiverr
- Wellness Freelance Services by Wellness Experts | Fiverr