Interview Policies for Students and Alumni
On or Off Campus Employer Interviews
No Show Policy
• Due to the professional nature of on-campus interviews, the following policy will be enforced when a candidate fails to cancel in a timely manner or fails to show up for a previously scheduled interview. Candidates who “no show” for an interview will be temporarily suspended from using the Handshake system.
• Candidates may remove themselves from an interview schedule through the Handshake system up to two working days prior to the on-campus interview. A cancellation occurring after this time will be considered a “no show.”
Virtual or Phone Interview – Room Reservations
• Students/alumni who have an upcoming phone or virtual interview may complete the request form in Handshake to use one of the interview rooms in the UNT Career Center, located in Sage Hall, Suite 202.
• Reservations will only be approved when a space is available for the date requested. If your request is approved, a staff member will be in contact with you to confirm your reservation.
To request an interview suite:
• Log into your Handshake account.
• On the top right, click on Career Center > Appointments > Schedule A New Appointment > Non-Advising Appointments > Virtual Interview Suites
• Complete the required fields, including the survey about your technology needs.
• Submit the request.
• Requests must be made a minimum of 2 business days prior to the interview.
• Interviews must be conducted within the hours of 8:30AM and end by 4:45PM CT, Monday – Friday. Your interview must conclude by 5:00PM.
• Requests for an interview room are based on a first-come, first-served basis. Employer requests will be given first priority.
• You MUST receive a confirmation from the UNT Career Center. The room is NOT reserved until you receive a confirmation.