Job Code Reference Guide
Student Employment Policy – 05.025 – Job code Reference guide (August 12, 2022)
|Job Code||Job Title||Hours Limitations (no more than) #||Policy Reference Title|
|1351||Hourly Graduate Research Asst||19 (GR)||Student Research Assistant|
|1352||Hourly Undergrad Research Asst||25 (UG)||Student Research Assistant|
|1705||Intern||25||Internships or Eagle Internship|
|1710||10 Student Assistant – Regular||25||General Student Employment|
|1711||Student Asst – Fed Cwsp – Fall, Spring, Summer||25||College Work-Study|
|1721||Student Asst – Inst CWSP – Fall, Spring, Summer||25||College Work-Study|
|1741||America Reads Cwsp Fall||20||College Work-Study|
|1742||America Reads Cwsp Spring||20||College Work-Study|
|1743||America Reads Cwsp Summer||20||College Work-Study|
|1751||Student Asst – Tx Cwsp – Fall, Spring, Summer||25||College Work-Study|
|1795||Music Student Intern||25|
|1796||Residence Hall Advisors||25|
|1816||Student One-Time Performance||25|
General Limitations and Conditions:
- Between periods of regular semesters (semester breaks or summer months) all hourly appointments are limited to no more than a total of 40 hours per week.
- College Work-Study positions are not to exceed the amount of federal, state, or institutional College Work-Study funding awarded to the student through Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- International students are subject to the terms and conditions of their visa/work authorization status.
Summer Hour Limitations:
- Student Assistants – regular (1710): may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer as long as they are not taking any classes; this includes online.
- International Students can work up to 40 hours per week as long as they are not taking any classes; this includes online.
- Work Study (1711/1721/1751): Summer work study is available for students taking 6+ credit hours. Financial Aid can offer more assistance with questions pertaining to Work-Study.
- Summer work-study students are still limited to no more than 25 hours per week.
- Summer work study students can have a second hourly position limited to no more than 15 hours/week for a total of 40 hours/week between both jobs.
- Spring Work Study students who are not taking classes in the summer may be converted to student assistant-regular (1710) for the summer and work up to 40 hours.
- Please note, in this case your department would be 100% responsible for the funding for the duration of the summer.