The UNT Career Center is offering scholarships in the form of stipends for current students participating in unpaid internships. The intention of the scholarship is to encourage and support experiential learning opportunities that help students prepare for their careers.
Selected recipients will receive a scholarship in the form of a stipend of up to $500.00. The number of awards and dollar amounts will be based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Within a few weeks after the application deadline for the semester has passed, applicants will be notified as to whether they have been selected. This is a competitive scholarship, and the entirety of the application will be factored into the selection process. Typically, selected recipients will receive funding in one disbursement towards the end of the semester once completion of the majority of internship hours can be verified.
|To apply, students must:
- Be a currently enrolled student at UNT Denton (includes UNT Frisco as well)
- Have completed 30+ UNT credit hours for undergraduate students OR 9+ UNT credit hours for graduate students (including transfer credit)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater
- International students must have work authorization for the internship to be eligible*
*Work authorization for the internship must be retained from the International Student and Scholar Services office or USCIS to be eligible. Please see the following site for more information: https://international.unt.edu/content/f-1-curricular-practical-training
Please note that this program is not open to students who are:
- Interning with a UNT department
- Already receiving grants/funding through another department
- Past award recipients
|In order to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Your internship must meet the internship requirements set by your academic department (internship must qualify for course credit even if you are not enrolled in a course)*. This includes clinical/student teaching.
- You must complete the internship in good standing
* To see your department’s requirements, select your college on this page and click on the internships link.
|How to apply:
- Submit online application (below) by providing information about the internship you have secured/accepted
- Upload current resume to Handshake and make it “Visible” on your profile
- If you need help uploading, please view this article: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/218692648
- Report the internship in the “Experiences” section of Handshake
- If you need help reporting the internship in Handshake, please view this article: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021199693-Request-an-Experience-as-a-Student-
- For “Experience Type” you will either select your department or “not for credit” (If you do not see your degree department listed, please select your college and “not for credit”, even if you are enrolling in a course for credit.)
Upcoming Application Deadlines:
- Fall 2023 Application is now CLOSED
- Spring 2024 (for students working in an unpaid internship during the Spring 2024 semester)
- Opens: Monday, December 4, 2023 at 4:59PM CT
- Deadline: Monday, January 29, 2024 at 4:59PM CT
Please feel free to email Jazmyne Dixson (email@example.com) and Corey Davidson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.