Remote and On-Demand Career Center Services for Students & Alumni
Career Center services and events are offered remotely and on-demand!
All UNT students and alumni can access remote and on-demand opportunities available through the Career Center and highlighted below to assist in achieving your career goals.
Career Coaching and Internship Advising Meetings
UNT Career Coaches and Internship Specialists are available for one-on-one coaching/advising sessions with students and alumni. Staff is available in-person and by phone, Zoom, and email. When scheduling an appointment online, please indicate if you would like an in-person, phone, email or Zoom meeting. Current students can schedule an appointment through Navigate, and alumni can schedule an appointment through Handshake.
To find your Career Coach or Internship Specialist, select the Career Community for the College or School associated with your major. (If you don’t know which College or School to select, you can find it in the UNT Degree Programs list.) In the Career Community, scroll down to Schedule an Appointment where you can access your Career Coach and Internship Specialist.
If you don’t have time for an appointment, then Drop-Ins are for you. Get help with your resume, cover letter, interviews, job search, LinkedIn and other career questions. For all majors and alumni (except Business), check out Connect with the Career Center for times, locations and other information. For Business majors and alumni, access Connect with the Career Resource Center for times, locations and other information.
Career Center Website
Within each College Career Community, you will find information to help you Discover Your Path, Explore Majors and Careers, Gain Experience, and Achieve Your Goals. In addition, the resources and tools below are available on-demand to assist you with your career journey.
- 10 Ways Students Can Plan for Success and Find Support – Highlights information and tools available on the Career Center website.
- Resources – An extensive library that can be filtered by topic and college. Popular topics include tips on resume writing and cover letters plus the best action verbs to use to describe your accomplishments.
- Blogs – The include information and advice on popular career topics from students, employers and other sources.
- Featured Jobs and Internships – Employment opportunities for UNT students and alumni that can be filtered by college and by job type.
- Handshake – Hosts thousands of jobs and internships posted by employers seeking UNT students and alumni.
- Big Interview – Help with resume writing, developing and practicing interview skills, negotiations, and navigating the first 90 days on the job. Watch Getting Started with Big Interview to learn more.
- MyPlan – Explore options and bring clarity and insight when you’re choosing a major, planning ahead for your first career, or thinking about making a career change.
- What can I do with this major? – Information about careers that are commonly pursued by students in a particular major or field of study.
Virtual Events and Video Resources
The Virtual Events, Videos and Resources page provides information and advice on a wide range of career-related topics. There are many live, virtual events hosted by Career Center staff and employers. There are also recorded workshops and “how to” videos offered by the Career Center staff that can be accessed at your convenience. Plus, there are additional video resources on the career topics students ask about most frequently.
Career Fairs, Networking Events, and Employer Information Sessions
In addition to in-person career fairs, virtual career fairs and networking events are a great opportunity for students and alumni to connect with employers, learn more about the organization and available internships and post-graduation positions, and even ask questions. The events are hosted on a virtual recruiting platform and no special equipment is required. All you need is an internet connection.
- For events sponsored by the Career Center, check out our Career Fairs and Networking Events.
- For employer-hosted virtual information sessions and career fairs, check out Connect with Employers.
- Tips on how to prepare for a virtual career fair are available on the Virtual Events, Videos and Resources page.
- I-9s are processed in-person Monday-Thursday by appointment only. Special appointments are available on Friday, if needed. An email message will be sent to your UNT email that includes a personalized link to complete the I-9 and schedule the appointment. To start the I-9 process, you must have: 1) an offer letter from the hiring department, 2) completed the onboarding, and 3) all required verification documents.