Virtual Recruiting at UNT
The UNT Career Center Employer Services Team is available to assist you virtually. We encourage you to engage with our students through online events and other opportunities. This Handshake article, Tips for Recruiting Virtually, includes information and ideas about developing a successful digital recruiting strategy and hosting virtual recruiting events.
We’re currently researching other services to offer you. Below are some virtual recruiting ideas, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss other options with you. We’re excited to help you connect with our rich UNT talent pool through a creative virtual recruiting approach.
Career Fairs and Networking Events
UNT hosts multiple career fairs and networking events throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. Check out the upcoming Career Fairs and Networking Events, including virtual and in-person events. If you have any questions or are interested in registering for an event, contact Philip Aguinaga, Assistant Director for Events and Employer Services, at Philip.Aguinaga@unt.edu.
Job and Internship Postings
Full and part time jobs and internship positions are posted on Handshake to facilitate your connection with UNT students. If you’d like to learn more about internships at UNT, visit the UNT Internship Program page. Some companies have started offering remote internships. If you’re thinking about this option and have questions, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) published an article titled Best Practices for Supporting Students Remotely. In addition, LinkedIn Learning has made a variety of courses available for free that focus on managing employees who are working remotely.
In addition to using the interview rooms located in the Career Center, many employers are leveraging videoconferencing technology to conduct interviews in a convenient and efficient manner. If you are interested in discussing interview strategies and finding the best way to conduct interviews for you and your company, contact Philip Aguinaga, Assistant Director for Events and Employer Services, at Philip.Aguinaga@unt.edu.
Hosting a virtual event provides a great opportunity for you to meet with our UNT students in a format that is convenient for you and the students. Virtual events can be hosted through the videoconferencing platform of your choice. All career events are posted on Handshake, and they are also promoted to our students and alumni on the Career Center website. This article, Host Virtual Events, provides information about how you can leverage Handshake to offer virtual events. In addition, host a virtual event at UNT, will help you with the process for requesting an event through Handshake. Some examples of virtual events to for you to consider are:
- Information Session or Q&A opportunity to help students learn more about your company.
- Employee panel discussion featuring recent graduates or alumni talking about their experience or offering advice.
- Office tour to showcase typical work life and your company culture.
Use these Employer Guidelines for Creating Videos to produce a video that will facilitate your connection with UNT students and alumni using your computer and software you likely already have. Examples of videos produced by employers are included in the guidelines.
- How to Post a Job on Handshake
- Share a Job Posted in Handshake Via Social Media
- Handshake’s Employer Blog for best practices
- Tips on How to Search for Students in Handshake*
- Downloading Student Resumes*
- Messaging Students Directly via Handshake*
* Employers with a Trust Score of N/A or lower than 80 will not be able to access these services.
- Find out more about the UNT Internship Program
- Discover the Career Treks Job Shadowing Program
- Meet the UNT Career Center Employer Advisory Board