Virtual Recruiting at UNT
The UNT Career Center Employer Development Team is available to assist you virtually. We encourage you to engage with our students through online events and other opportunities. This Handshake article, Tips for Recruiting Virtually, includes information and ideas about developing a successful digital recruiting strategy and hosting virtual recruiting events.
We’re currently researching other services to offer you. Below are some virtual recruiting ideas, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss other options with you. We’re excited to help you connect with our rich UNT talent pool through a creative virtual recruiting approach.
Virtual Employer Drop-Ins
Chat with our Associate Director for Employer Development about ways your organization can recruit UNT’s students and alumni. We look forward to connecting with you!
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. CT
- Call 940.565.2622 any time during this window to talk recruiting strategy or to get questions answered that you may have about UNT. If this time slot doesn’t work for you, you’re welcome to call the same number at any other time during the week.
UNT hosts several career fairs throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. More information about upcoming events can be seen here. If you have any questions or are interested in registering for an event, contact Daisy Gillam at email@example.com.
Job and Internship Postings
Full and part time jobs and internship positions are posted on Handshake to facilitate your connection with UNT students. If you’d like to learn more about internships at UNT, visit the UNT Internship Program page. Some companies have started offering remote internships. If you’re thinking about this option and have questions, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) published an article titled Best Practices for Supporting Students Remotely. In addition, LinkedIn Learning has made a variety of courses available for free that focus on managing employees who are working remotely.
While our interview rooms aren’t available currently, you can continue to conduct interviews by leveraging videoconferencing technology. If you are interested in discussing interview strategies and finding the best way to continue to conduct interviews, contact Daisy Gillam at Daisy.Gillam@unt.edu.
During this time, employers are encouraged to change the format of their typical campus recruiting to offer virtual events. Virtual events can be hosted through the videoconferencing platform of your choice. All career events are posted on Handshake, and they are also promoted to our students and alumni on the Career Center website. This article, Host Virtual Events, provides information about how you can leverage Handshake to offer virtual events. In addition, host a virtual event at UNT, will help you with the process for requesting an event through Handshake. Some examples of virtual events to for you to consider are:
- Information Session or Q&A opportunity to help students learn more about your company.
- Employee panel discussion featuring recent graduates or alumni talking about their experience or offering advice.
- Office tour to showcase typical work life and your company culture.
Use these Employer Guidelines for Creating Videos to produce a video that will facilitate your connection with UNT students and alumni using your computer and software you likely already have. Examples of videos produced by employers are included in the guidelines.
- How to Post a Job on Handshake
- Share a Job Posted in Handshake Via Social Media
- Handshake’s Employer Blog for best practices
- Tips on How to Search for Students in Handshake*
- Downloading Student Resumes*
- Messaging Students Directly via Handshake*
* Employers with a Trust Score of N/A or lower than 80 will not be able to access these services.