Virtual Events, Videos and Resources
This library of videos and articles focuses on a wide range of career-related topics. All videos produced by the UNT Career Center are available here – UNT Career Center Videos. Note: To access the LinkedIn Learning videos, UNT students should Sign In using their university single sign on (SSO) credentials. Additional videos, resources, jobs and events specific to your major can be found in your College career community.
General Career Information and Advice
- Overview of UNT Career Center Services
- COVID-19 Employer Response Panel – A panel of employers and UNT faculty, hosted by staff from the UNT Career Center, discuss the impact of COVID-19 on job and internship opportunities and provide advice.
- Adapt and Excel: A COVID-19 Guide to Career Prep Under Quarantine – Aaron Anderson, Internship Specialist at UNT, gives career advice during COVID-19.
- Making the Most of Your Summer – Dr. Brian Hirsch, Senior Associate Director in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business, discusses the strategies any student can put in place this summer to enhance their chances in a challenging job market.
- Practical Career Advice Videos – UNT students and alumni provide insights about internships, interviewing, the job search process and other aspects of their career journey.
- Interview advice from a recruiter at Ryan, LLC – Pre-Interview Tips, Professional Dress, Virtual Interviewing Dos and Don’ts, and After the Interview.
- Interview Tips – Jade Vite, Group Talent Acquisition Manager at Enterprise Holdings, gives interview advice.
- The “Principals” of Interviewing – Robert Mason, Coordinator of Talent Acquisition and Retention for Aurora Public Schools (in metropolitan Denver, Colorado), explains what school administrators are looking for in an interview and strategies to enhance your job search.
- Getting Started with Big Interview – Find out what Big Interview has to offer and how to access the resources.
- Big Interview: Interview Playbooks – Includes 143 videos with interview information and advice, how to answer common interview questions, and more. Looking for more information? Check the Big Interview Student Guide.
- How to Tie a Tie – In this creative video, Aaron Anderson, Internship Specialist in the UNT Career Center, and a small team provide play-by-play instructions for tying a tie.
- Interview Master Class (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Mastering Common Interview Questions (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- How to Nail a Phone or Video Interview (LinkedIn Learning)
- The Art of Video Interviews (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- How to Prepare for a Skype Interview (Vault; no sign in required)
- 4 Strategies for Nailing the Video Interview (Vault; no sign in required)
- 11 Tips for Video Interview Success (Vault; no sign in required)
- Interviewing in the Time of Coronavirus (Vault; no sign in required)
- How to Make a Positive First Impression in Interviews (Vault; no sign in required)
- Resume Builder – A feature of Big Interview that can help with writing an effective resume.
- Resume Basics – A UNT Ambassador explains the types of resumes, sections, formatting, plus other rules and tips.
- Resume Development – Career Development Specialist at UNT at Frisco demonstrates how to write a chronological resume.
- Resume Tips – Learn tips from a UNT Career Coach on how to write an effective resume.
- How Applicant Tracking Systems Impact Your Job Search – Covers the basics about applicant tracking systems (ATS) and how to approach job applications and your resume with ATS in mind.
- Writing a Resume (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- How to Write an Effective Resume (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Creating a Great Resume (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- 6 Skills You Need on Your Resume to Get Hired in 2020 (Vault; no sign in required)
- Writing a Cover Letter (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Crafting a Cover Letter (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- How To Write an Effective Cover Letter (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- 5 Cover Letter Mistakes to Avoid so Your Job Application Stands Out (Vault; no sign in required)
Thank You Messages
- Post-Interview Thank You Messages – Tips on how to express appreciation following an interview.
- Unprecedented: A Job Search Guide for Challenging Times – Aaron Long, Sales Recruiter at Caliber Home Loans, and Dr. Brian Hirsch, Senior Associate Director of the Career Resource Center in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business, discuss strategies for a successful job search during challenging times.
- Virtual Job Search Strategies for Seniors – Dr. Brian Hirsch, Senior Associate Director of the Career Resource Center in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business, helps all students understand how they can devise a plan for finding a job in a challenging job market.
- The New Normal: A Job Hunting Workshop – Dr. Brian Hirsch, Senior Associate Director of the Career Resource Center in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business, discusses the strategies any student can employ, regardless of major, when looking for a job or internship during a challenging economic situation.
- Five Job Search Questions Answered – Amy Hicks, UNT Career Coach, hosts this podcast featuring Margie Nelson, Recruiting Manager at Lincoln Property Company. Job search strategies including networking, applicant tracking systems, resume professional profile, and more are discussed. Due to slight audio disruptions in the live recording, it’s recommended to use the closed caption feature.
- Finding a Job During COVID-19 – Dylan Halloran, UNT student in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business, discusses his successful job search during COVID-19 and provides practical tips for other students.
- Successful Job Search During Spring 2020 – Hannah Whitehead, Mechanical Engineering Technology major, talks about how she secured a position with Raytheon in Spring 2020.
- Job Search Support for International Students – Amy Hicks, UNT Career Coach, and Lauren Jacobson-Bridges, Director of International Student and Scholar Services, discuss job search strategies for international students including how to prepare for your job search, job opportunities, work authorization, CPT/OPT, and more.
- How to Land a Job and Evaluate an Offer – UNT Career Center and the Student Money Management Center provide advice about preparing for your job search including writing a resume and cover letter, interview questions you can expect, and more. They also discuss how to evaluate a job offer.
- Navigating an Uncertain Job Market – In this podcast, Amy Hicks, UNT Career Coach, discusses how to navigate an uncertain job market and other topics that pertain to those graduating in 2020.
- What Colleges & Graduating Seniors Need To Do To Find Jobs During These Tough COVID-19 Times
- Virtual Career Fairs – These career fairs are posted on the website and are hosted virtually by employers and the UNT Career Center.
- Job Search Strategies (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Job Hunting for College Grads (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Negotiating Your Job Offer (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Negotiating Your Salary: Why You Should Negotiate (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Tips for Navigating the Job Search Process in the Age of AI (Vault; no sign in required)
- Finding a Job During Challenging Economic Times (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- 9 Job Search Tips for International Students in the Age of Coronavirus (Vault; no sign in required)
- How Will Coronavirus Affect Your Job Search in 2020? (Vault; no sign in required)
- 5 Recession-Proof Industries (Vault; no sign in required)
- United Nations Volunteers – Virtual volunteer opportunities
Job and Internship Opportunities
- Internship Alternatives – Caroline Frey, UNT Internship Specialist, discusses two alternatives to traditional internships that are available to UNT students through Forage and Parker Dewey.
- AT&T Summer Learning Academy – Externship Certificate Program – This is a free, self-paced online learning “externship” certificate program, designed by AT&T to support college students who are unable to complete an internship this summer. The deadline to register is June 12th.
- Microsoft launches initiative to help 25 million people worldwide acquire the digital skills needed in a COVID-19 economy – Includes free access to learning paths and content to help people develop the skills needed for in-demand jobs, plus low-cost certifications and free job-seeking tools to help people pursue new jobs.
- Featured Jobs and Internships – These positions are posted on the Career Center website and can be filtered by type of employment including remote work. They are a subset of the positions posted on Handshake by employers who want to hire UNT students and alumni.
- Forage – A virtual work experience program that allows students to engage in online simulations of the work being done at leading companies.
- Micro-Internships – Short term, paid, virtual job opportunities that are available to students and alumni through a partnership with Parker Dewey.
- Jobs in North Texas – Say Yes to Dallas and the Dallas Regional Chamber, with partners across North Texas, are connecting workers displaced by the COVID-19 outbreak. Several organizations are hiring large numbers of employees.
- Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas (WFSDallas) – A quasi-governmental and non-profit organization that provides competitive solutions for people through quality jobs.
- International Work Experience in Spain – María Ramírez, International Relations Advisor at Meddeas, discusses an international work opportunity in Spain as a language assistant.
- Who’s Hiring and Who’s Firing: How Firms Are Reacting to the Coronavirus
- Companies Are Still Hiring During COVID-19—Here Are 103 That Want Your Applications Now
- These 23 Amazing Companies Are All Hiring Right Now
- The Coronavirus Effect: Here Are The Jobs That Will Be Added And Lost
- Top 100 Companies with Remote Jobs in 2020
- 37 Companies Actively Hiring Amid COVID-19
- 20 Companies Hiring Entry-Level Positions for College Grads Now
- Hire Academics – Remote Jobs for Academics
- These companies are currently hiring: Fujifilm, SpaceX, MTX (remote positions).
- Virtual Networking – Jordan Jobe, Campus Recruiter at Ryan LLC, gives advice on how students can network effectively with employers using virtual tools.
- The Networking Advantage (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- How to Create a Perfect Elevator Pitch (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- 5 Tips to Build Your Network (Vault; no sign in required)
- Virtual Career Fairs – The UNT Career Center and a number of employers and organizations are hosting virtual career fairs which are featured on the website.
- Diversity Virtual Career Fair – Free Career Fair for for career seekers with disabilities to attend.
- 12 Tips for Preparing for a Virtual Career Fair – Janice Lader, UNT Career Coach, gives advice on preparing for a virtual career fair.
- How Students Alumni Can Prepare for Virtual Career Fairs (Vault; no sign in required)
- How to Rock a Career Fair (Vault; no sign in required)
- Dining Etiquette – Appropriate dining etiquette is explained and demonstrated by a certified etiquette instructor.
- Common Table Manners for Business Meals (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Business Meal Etiquette (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- Business Etiquette: Phone, Email, and Text (LinkedIn Learning; sign in using single sign on credentials)
- How-to Series: MyPlan Assessment – UNT Career Ambassadors provide instructions on how to get started with MyPlan and explain the features and benefits of this valuable tool in assisting with career exploration. After completing the assessment, plan to meet with your Career Coach for assistance with the results.
Handshake is the job and internship database with thousands of active positions, which can be filtered by location and for remote opportunities.
- Find a Job or Internship Using Handshake – How to use Handshake to find jobs, research employers, apply for jobs, check application status, and create a job alert.
- How to Navigate Handshake – Tips and tricks for students on how to navigate Handshake.
- Get Hired Remotely – As more employers recruit college students online, Handshake has the tools you need to go from job search to just hired.
- Headshots: The Career Center provides headshots weekly in Sage 202 from 10 a.m. to noon on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. No appointment is needed. Refer to these resources to produce your own – How to Photograph Your Own Headshot and Pro Headshots with Your Smartphone in 6 Easy Steps.
- I-9s are processed in-person Monday-Thursday by appointment only. Special appointments are available on Friday, if needed. An email message will be sent to your UNT email that includes a personalized link to complete the I-9 and schedule the appointment. To start the I-9 process, you must have: 1) an offer letter from the hiring department, 2) completed the onboarding, and 3) all required verification documents.