Start an Internship Program or Post an Internship
The G. Brint Ryan College of Business has several academic programs with required internships. We strongly encourage students from all majors to participate in an internship before they graduate. Employers starting a new internship program may want to set up a time to talk further about this with the Career Resource Center.
Expectations for Employers
Not for Credit: Students in the G. Brint Ryan College of Business may participate in an internship on a non-credit basis at any time. There are not any requirements for employers that are working with a student who is not requesting credit. However, we strongly encourage employers to post the position in Handshake.
For Credit: If a student is requesting academic credit the Career Resource Center has several expectations of employers in the internship process:
- Internships must have a job description
- Internships must be posted in handshake
- Internships must be paid
- Internships must be supervised
- Employers are asked to review the employment information that students submit to us prior to the student
being allowed to enroll in a for-credit course.
- Employer are asked to provide at least one evaluation to the student during the internship semester and to
complete that evaluation through handshake
To get started with recruiting for an internship post the job description in Handshake.