Connect with the Career Center
Career Coach Advising Meetings
- Career Coaches: Available for one-on-one coaching/advising sessions with students and alumni.
- Self-discovery and the career decision-making process.
- Writing an effective resume, CV, and cover letter.
- Preparing for interviews and networking with employers.
- Strategies for launching a successful internship or job search.
- Applying to graduate school and other post-graduation endeavors.
- Appointment Types: In-person, phone, email, and Zoom (See Using Zoom below). When scheduling, indicate the meeting type.
- Drop-Ins: Drop-ins are available without an appointment on the designated days and times. For details, see Drop-Ins below.
How to Schedule a Meeting
- Students and Recent Graduates (graduated one year ago or more recently): Schedule an appointment through Navigate. (For help, watch Navigate – Schedule an Appointment). To find your Career Coach, check out Meet the UNT Career Coaches.
- Experienced Alumni except Business (graduated more than one year ago): Register for Small Group Coaching and Resume Refresh Sessions; Limited number of individual appointments are available and are scheduled through Handshake. (For help, watch Handshake – Career Advising Appointment). To find your Career Coach, check out Meet the UNT Career Coaches
- All Business Alumni: Schedule an appointment through Handshake. (For help, watch Handshake – Career Advising Appointment). To find your Career Coach, check out Meet the UNT Career Coaches
Who Is My Career Coach?
To find your Career Coach, check out Meet the UNT Career Coaches.
Drop-Ins for All Majors, except Business:
- No appointment required.
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00AM-Noon; Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00-3:00PM.
- To speak by phone or Zoom during Drop-In times, use Navigate. Log in, select Schedule an Appointment, then select VIEW DROP IN TIMES. Select the Career Center, then Drop-In with a Career Ambassador. Choose the given location and then view the times and days available. If an ambassador is currently available, you can use the ‘check-in’ button to notify an ambassador you are ready, and we will connect you with them. (For assistance with Zoom, see Using Zoom below.)
- To meet in-person during Drop-In times, come to Sage Hall, Suite 280.
- Services provided include resume writing and edits, cover letter drafting and edits, interview help, Zoom tech checks, LinkedIn headshots and more.
Drop-Ins for Business Majors:
- During Fall, Spring and Summer semesters:
- Monday: 10am-12pm
- Wednesday: 12pm-2pm
- Thursday: 12pm-2pm
- Quick 15-minute sessions with a Career Coach; no appointment or registration required.
- Come to BLB, Suite 037; First-come, first-served.
- Resume and cover letter reviews, job search, LinkedIn profiles and other career questions answered.
- Click on this Zoom link during the specified day and hours to attend. (For assistance with Zoom, see Using Zoom below.)
If you would like to meet virtually for an appointment or during Drop-Ins and need assistance using Zoom, watch How to Series: Zoom for help with Zoom features and settings. For additional information, see Zoom Tech Check Guide for Students and Alumni.
- Student employee I-9s are processed in-person in the Career Center in Sage Hall, Suite 202.
- Prepare for your I-9 meeting: Complete Section I of your I-9 Form in advance. The I-9 link is sent to students in the Onboarding email message.
- Original I-9 documents are required to confirm your identity and authorization to work. Check out the I-9 Acceptable Documents.
On-Demand Career Services
The Career Center website provides on-demand career services to assist you with all aspects of your career journey. Some features include:
- Handshake Login – Access our recruiting management system that hosts fulltime and part-time jobs, internships and on-campus positions with access to more than 400,000 employers.
- Resources and Videos – Discover career-support information focused on 1) major and career exploration, 2) resume writing, 3) professional networking, 4) interview preparation, 5) internships, 6) job search strategies, and other topics.
- Email Alerts – Sign up to be notified about featured jobs and internships, upcoming events, and career news based on the preferences and frequency you set.
- Featured Jobs and Internships – Select jobs and internships that can be filtered by college, job type and more.
- On-Campus Jobs – Learn about finding an on-campus job, the hiring process, trainings and other information.
- Calendar of Career Events – List of career events that can be filtered by college.
- College Career Communities – Find your Career Coach and Internship Specialist and other information specific to your college/major.
The UNT Career Center encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our events and meet with our staff. If you anticipate needing an accommodation or have questions about accessibility, please call 940-565-2105 in advance of the event or your visit.